`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: spazmatastic is seeing one heck of a game tonight in St. Louis!!

OT: spazmatastic is seeing one heck of a game tonight in St. Louis!!
As of posting this, the Pirates/Cardinals game is in the 14th inning. Cardinals came back in dramatic fashion in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game off an error by Starling Marte. In nearly every extra inning, the Cardinals have had a runner on 3rd base and have been unable to score. Very dramatic game and would be a shame if they lose. Either way, though, Adam picked a heck of a game to see for his first Cardinals game!

Coming from one Cardinals fan, I really hope they pull it out and give Adam a fantastic finish! Cannot wait to hear about his experience!

Adam, please post your story hear...cannot wait to hear about it!

Go Cardinals!!!
And the Cardinals win in the bottom of the 14th in with an excellent stolen base and a walk-off slap hit to left!!! What a game, what a win!! A game the Cards really needed as they are in 2nd place and the Pirates in 1st in the division. What a game! I can't imagine being there for that one, wow! Awesome luck, Adam! That one could be the catalyst the Cards have been desperately needing for this final push to the playoffs!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: OT: spazmatastic is seeing one heck of a game tonight in St. Louis!!
(08-14-2013, 12:00 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: As of posting this, the Pirates/Cardinals game is in the 14th inning. Cardinals came back in dramatic fashion in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game off an error by Starling Marte. In nearly every extra inning, the Cardinals have had a runner on 3rd base and have been unable to score. Very dramatic game and would be a shame if they lose. Either way, though, Adam picked a heck of a game to see for his first Cardinals game!

Coming from one Cardinals fan, I really hope they pull it out and give Adam a fantastic finish! Cannot wait to hear about his experience!

Adam, please post your story hear...cannot wait to hear about it!

Go Cardinals!!!
And the Cardinals win in the bottom of the 14th in with an excellent stolen base and a walk-off slap hit to left!!! What a game, what a win!! A game the Cards really needed as they are in 2nd place and the Pirates in 1st in the division. What a game! I can't imagine being there for that one, wow! Awesome luck, Adam! That one could be the catalyst the Cards have been desperately needing for this final push to the playoffs!
Sorry it took SOOO long to reply to this. My internet connection in the hotel was pretty crappy. It was really slow and kept causing error pages. And I have been really busy since I got home.
Anyway, that game was AWESOME!!! Best sporting event of my life! Official time was 4 hours and 55 minutes. AND the two biggest plays of the game happened right in front of me! Marte was right in front of me (about 80-100 feet) when he dropped that easy flyball that eventually led to the Cards tying the game in the 9th inning. I was right behind the Pirates bullpen and ALL the fans were yelling at Marte the rest of the game. Cardinals AND Pirates fans were yelling all kinds of stuff at him. It was so funny (to me at least).
Also, the winning hit from Adron Chambers dropped in front of Marte about 200ft. in front of me. As soon as it hit the ground, the entire stadium erupted in a deafening roar. That is saying a lot b/c only about 20% of the fans were still there at 12:10 AM CDT. We knew the game was over as soon as the ball hit the grass! However, after watching replays after I got back to the hotel, Marte could have thrown Jon Jay out at home. He threw it too far inside of the baseline. If it was closer to the baseline, the catcher probably would've tagged Jay out.
I was surrounded by people I didn't know by that time. My Mom, sister, and her two children left after the 13th inning. The kids were at the point that sugar could no longer beat the exhaustion of being up WAY past their bedtime. I wasn't leaving until the game ended no matter what! I didn't even go take a smoke-break until the end of the 10th inning. I did miss most of the 7th inning due to a restroom break and a stop in the team store (spent $60 in there but most was on a new hat). Before the game started, we got approached by a woman with a camera. She asked if we would like to be on the team fansite. We agreed and she took our picture from our seats and told us it would be online the next morning. Sure enough, it was there. Here is a link to the pic (I am in the middle, flanked by my sister & niece on the left and nephew & Mom on the right):
[Image: S2w080mnnkbd.jpg]

Here is a pic of the scoreboard at the end of the game. I was so busy celebrating with everyone around me that I almost missed the picture.

[Image: GameOver.jpg]

ALSO, there was a racing element to this baseball game. Dragster driver Antron Brown threw out the 1st Pitch. His pitch was really good, right across the plate. Here's a pic of the scoreboard right before his pitch:

[Image: AntronBrown1stPitch.jpg]

I really hope everyone enjoys these pics and the story of my 1st STL Cardinals game. I had waited nearly 30 years for the opportunity to see the Cardinals in person AND in St. Louis. This was also the first professional game I have been to where the home team (& team I was there to see) won the game!
BTW, STL is a fantastic city. I wish I could've spent another week there. This was also my 1st time crossing the Mississippi River. It wasn't as wide as it appeared in my head. Wink
Anyway, I had a fantastic vacation week in St. Louis! I really hate that I didn't get a ticket for the game on Thursday the 15th. Not only did the Cardinals win again and in extra innings again (12 that time), but Yadier Molina returned to the starting lineup. He is my favorite current Cardinal so I was a bit upset that he went on the DL about a week before my vacation. Thanks for reading and PLZ post some replies!

Just awesome, Adam! I was thinking of you and your family the whole time watching that game. Y'all really lucked out. And Busch Stadium really is something special, I'm happy you got to experience it.

Anything particularly funny the fans were yelling at Marte? You could definitely tell on TV he was kicking himself...especially when the Cardinals tied it up. Fans can be pretty creative...if not vulgar, lol.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(08-27-2013, 12:09 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: Just awesome, Adam! I was thinking of you and your family the whole time watching that game. Y'all really lucked out. And Busch Stadium really is something special, I'm happy you got to experience it.

Anything particularly funny the fans were yelling at Marte? You could definitely tell on TV he was kicking himself...especially when the Cardinals tied it up. Fans can be pretty creative...if not vulgar, lol.
One particular Cardinals fan kept coming down from his seat several rows back to yell at Marte about how we could all be home by now. Asking him how it felt to still be standing out there and such. That guy was really funny. In the last few innings, he and his wife moved down to the vacated seats in the front row (directly over the Pirates bullpen and 2 rows in front of me). He started yelling at all the relievers that were warming up. Saying the same types of things he was saying to Marte. At one point, he yelled F U at one pitcher. He told all of us around him that sometimes you just have tick them off. (I censored most of what he said.) Apparently that worked b/c that was the pitcher that gave up the hit to Jon Jay, then tried 3x in a row to pick him off and Jay finally just stole 2nd. Then the pitcher got an out and gave up Chambers' game-winning hit with the very next pitch.
Most of the Pirates fans were yelling things like "How could you drop that?", "When did you get so lazy?", "Hey Marte, I could've caught that!", etc.