`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 ginter pele card 130?

2013 ginter pele card 130?
What's the deal with the Pele card in '13 Ginter? Seems they are bluish a litter thicker/heavier then other common cards?

RE: 2013 ginter pele card 130?
I think it might have something to do with the ginter code. I also think it is printed on different stock.

Yeah ther thicker for sure
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Hmmmm, they probably printed up a batch for him to sign and they probably had to do a seperate print run of his cards way earlier than the rest of the set (assuming earlier not later, since its not a redemption card) If it was cut from the same sheet, it would be from the same paper stock of the rest of the run. Just thinking out loud. Pure speculation.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I had a green back and it wasn't thicker, but it was definitely sturdier. It's a different stock for sure.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(08-14-2013, 07:52 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I had a green back and it wasn't thicker, but it was definitely sturdier. It's a different stock for sure.
Yup. And then there is one with a blank back, I haven't been able to find any answers to this