`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torn on what to do..

Torn on what to do..
I really want to trade these for a Manny Machado auto refractor or a Dylan Bundy auto refractor. I'm not really trying to make money on them. Im more interested in finding the cards I really want. Should I grade them, just let them as is? Hard to find people with Orioles stuff. Well not Orioles things, more so things I want or don't have.

photo 2007-01-02201954_zps63ad3793.jpg

photo 2007-01-02202142_zps24d82b86.jpg

photo 2007-01-02202200_zps6eae0d62.jpg
I mean if anyone is interested in them and have a Machado or Bundy, shoot me a message.

RE: Torn on what to do..
I recently bought the same Musial in better condition for $14 at the LCS (better centering much better corners)... The mantle books for $125 but is very off center with some rough corners...

I wouldn't grade either to be honest (especially the musial). The mantle looks awesome, just for the sake of being a mantle, but I'd hate to pay money and send it in somewhere for a lower grade than the eye and mantle-factor says.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Yeah they're off center pretty bad.

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but ...

I would hold on to the Mantle and Musial.

They're not going to grade well, so save yourself the fees there.

And selling them raw is always a gamble.

If you do sell them, you'll probably never see them again ... but tons of Machado and Bundy stuff will be coming out for the next 10, 12 years ... you'll get all of the autos, refractors, parallels, etc. you could want, but there's only a finite number of those Mantles and Musials left on earth.

My advice would be to either sell some other more current stuff that you can part with — that's either in better/gradeable condition or "hotter" at the moment — or be patient and try to trade for them here.

Or, save your cash and wait for the offseason when they're cheaper (because everyone else is into football and basketball) ... make them a nice Christmas gift to yourself.

And just for reference, I'm not a vintage collector and much prefer the newer stuff.

Yeah that's actually really good advice. Thank You!
the Vintage collectors that see this thread probably get sick to their stomach. But it is what it is. I love Bowman Chrome Auto Refractors of my team.
But its so true though that there isnt a million of these Mantle's and Musial's around unlike the newer runs.

(08-12-2013, 07:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: This may not be the answer you're looking for, but ...

I would hold on to the Mantle and Musial.

They're not going to grade well, so save yourself the fees there.

And selling them raw is always a gamble.

If you do sell them, you'll probably never see them again ... but tons of Machado and Bundy stuff will be coming out for the next 10, 12 years ... you'll get all of the autos, refractors, parallels, etc. you could want, but there's only a finite number of those Mantles and Musials left on earth.

My advice would be to either sell some other more current stuff that you can part with — that's either in better/gradeable condition or "hotter" at the moment — or be patient and try to trade for them here.

Or, save your cash and wait for the offseason when they're cheaper (because everyone else is into football and basketball) ... make them a nice Christmas gift to yourself.

And just for reference, I'm not a vintage collector and much prefer the newer stuff.
+1!! Hold on to them!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

At your very first opportunity, I would invest in a good scanner. If you plan on selling/trading, a good look at what you're offering will bring you a better return. By the way, I'd keep both of those as well.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Trade them for a scanner and/or decent camera! I'm getting a headache here!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]