`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sets you wish could come back...

RE: Sets you wish could come back...
I would like to see the hobby get back to just one product with no autographs, inserts, sub-sets or game work junk. Just football cards, every star player would have a single RC....

So hey I can dream right....that was when this was a hobby for kids and now it's for adults and the card companies know it....if they make it, someone will buy it.....if they limit the production....they will sell it for crazy money.

If you want rare, try to find mint condition cards from the 40s and 50s....that's rare...but they cost pennies new and are worth hundreds or thousands today. Think the same will be said for today's cards in 60 years? I don't know, but I'll not be here to see it.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(08-14-2013, 01:30 PM)dmasci Wrote: I would like to see the hobby get back to just one product with no autographs, inserts, sub-sets or game work junk. Just football cards, every star player would have a single RC....

So hey I can dream right....that was when this was a hobby for kids and now it's for adults and the card companies know it....if they make it, someone will buy it.....if they limit the production....they will sell it for crazy money.

If you want rare, try to find mint condition cards from the 40s and 50s....that's rare...but they cost pennies new and are worth hundreds or thousands today. Think the same will be said for today's cards in 60 years? I don't know, but I'll not be here to see it.
Of course it won't be the same in 50-60 years, because there is much more care paid to protective cases and people are significantly more cognizant of the value the cards have when kept in better condition. That said, with all the certified autographs and game worn jerseys in cards, I think the market will still bear value for all of those cards. Think about when these players start dying off (as morbid as that is), having something signed by them that is certified will be similar to how having certified autos from historical baseball players are now.

Just my 2cents
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

Surprised it hasn't already come up. Pro Set! Anybody who collected football in the 90s remembers the "Official card of the NFL".
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]
Big Grin 
(08-11-2013, 07:20 PM)collinsfanatic Wrote: If I am not mistaken Donruss Elite or Panini Elite does have a NFL License
That's the biggest sig ever I did seeeeeeee
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]