`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BIG surprise inside Ginter boxes ...

RE: BIG surprise inside Ginter boxes ...
Now a whole new cat of criminals...BOX searcher! ARRAH>>

(08-13-2013, 02:19 PM)jcollyer Wrote: Now a whole new cat of criminals...BOX searcher! ARRAH>>
+1. You know alot of LCS are going to be opening boxes and tearing apart the lids.

I can't type as eloquent an argument as some others but I think the idea is great....however Topps should have let folks know before hand. I bought 5 blasters instead of a box. Had I known about the possibility of pulling a 1 of 1 as an extra bonus....I would have bought the box instead. Oh well....when are my mini's arriving!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

You're just as likely to pull a wood 1/1 as one of these hidden 1/1s so I'm not sure what difference it should make on your purchasing decision.

When I first heard about these hidden cards I actually thought it was brilliant. And Topps did actually say something about these on Twitter. Their first Tweet about A&G said something like "Who is really to tear the lids open on some Allen & Ginter?". I know not everyone is going to see that and almost nobody understood it but I think it's cool that they just kept quiet until someone found one.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(08-14-2013, 01:22 AM)rossmaute Wrote: You're just as likely to pull a wood 1/1 as one of these hidden 1/1s so I'm not sure what difference it should make on your purchasing decision.
Decision would be based on the possibility of pulling/getting a bonus or (extra) card. Box is around $110 from LCS...5 Blaster's cost $108 (8% sales tax in Philly). So for the same price, I get a shot at a 1 of 1....makes sense to me.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I don't see how the chance of getting one of the 350 'bonus cards' would move you from 'not buying' to 'buying' since the odds of pulling them are probably the same as pulling any of the other 1/1s in the product. I was a part of 2 case breaks and only one was pulled. That means they're at least no easier to find than 1 per 24 boxes.

Your money probably would've been better spent on a hobby box than 5 blasters, but that would be the case whether these glossy 1/1s were in there or not.