`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Plate values?

Press Plate values?
I have a box of random hockey cards, mostly jersey, auto, memorabilia cards from the early 2000s and I have been pricing them through the only OPG here but cant find any value estimates on a few of them. Any thoughts where I might be able to get more information on them?

04 Topps Pristine Patrice Bergeron #108 Uncommon Rookie Black Press Plate
04 Topps Pristine Mike Dunham #56 Magenta Press Plate
Topps Mats Sundin Pristine Portions #PPS-MS 08/10
04-05 UD Euro Legends Borje Salming Auto #109 06/10
02 ITG Up Close and Personal Joe Thornton #333 Montreal 05/10
03 ITG Charlie Hodge Vintage Memorabilia #VM-11

I hope its ok to ask pricing questions in here, I just signed up. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Lou

RE: Press Plate values?
Do an ebay search for sold listings. Depending on the player they can go from ten to hundreds of dollars.

Welcome by teh way.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

why hello, Let's talk. That's a nice little box you've managed to find...
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Hi, and welcome to our humble community haha. Strictly per se, we arent allowed to give out values on the forums, but asking a worth isnt necessarily asking a dollar value now is it Smile Basically anything with a print run of under about 15-20 is not priced, and there isnt enough market data to from a reliable average. These cards are basically worth whatever someone will pay for them.

Even though a printing plate is a technical 1/1 i think youll find the value on them isnt as high as a genuine 1/1 is. And a lower print run card for example /10 - the Salming Auto you have is just a very low print run from a set, where as the Thornton /10 is a show stamped card - again probably worth less than a normal card /10 due to it being from a show - but then some people would pay a premium for it.

I hope this information is helpful for you to ascertain a suitable value on some of the things you have, and as Anavrin78 pointed out - completed listing on that site are probably your best bet. And after having said all that, if you want to trade that Thornton, id be happy to help you accomodate a trade for it into my collection haha Smile

Cheers!
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Thanks for the replies so far guys. What you have said definitely does make sense. Those were just some of the ones in the box I hadnt found prices on yet. I used to collect a while ago when I lived in Massachusetts but have since moved to NC so brought 2 monster boxes down with me this last trip to try to sell some things. As for Thornton, I have quite a bit of his cards in this box. I do also have a few Pacific press plate sets (All 4 plates) but id have to dig them out of boxes. I will post up some pictures at some point in the near future. Optimus feel free to message me or email me since it added my email address as my user name haha.

I added a bunch of cards from that box to my "Organize" as I was looking at prices earlier if that is something that people access. (still learning)

Also thank you all for the welcomes!

Hey Lou,

Looking forward to the scans...and welcome. By the way, if you're looking for trades, iluvladies5015 is a Bergeron collector ad could be interested.

-ricebondsmntna2young
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(08-10-2013, 06:39 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Hey Lou,

Looking forward to the scans...and welcome. By the way, if you're looking for trades, iluvladies5015 is a Bergeron collector ad could be interested.

-ricebondsmntna2young
I took some quick photos of a most of them. They are resized to show on here but the full photos can be seen here: (its about 30MB of images so it will take a minute to load) http://www.ncrelist.com/hockeycards/

[Image: DSC00003%20copy.JPG]

Since someone mentioned Bergeron:
[Image: DSC00007%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00010%20copy.JPG]

Since someone mentioned Thornton:
[Image: DSC00014%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00015%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00016%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00017%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00018%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00019%20copy.JPG]

[Image: DSC00020%20copy.JPG]

and the last image

[Image: DSC00022%20copy.JPG]

That is a schweet haul of cards. I hope you're trading cause you'll have a lot of offers coming your way. If you're selling or trading through 'Organize,'

1. find the "Layout" dropdown tab
2. choose a setting that shows a "Trading Away" category
3. fill each empty "Trading Away" box next your listed card with a '1' (or however many copies of that card that's for trade)

Detailed instructions are in the "Randi's Handi Hints" thread at the top of the page.

Good luck!
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(08-10-2013, 10:38 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: That is a schweet haul of cards. I hope you're trading cause you'll have a lot of offers coming your way. If you're selling or trading through 'Organize,'

1. find the "Layout" dropdown tab
2. choose a setting that shows a "Trading Away" category
3. fill each empty "Trading Away" box next your listed card with a '1' (or however many copies of that card that's for trade)

Detailed instructions are in the "Randi's Handi Hints" thread at the top of the page.

Good luck!
Thanks, I will take a look and see if I can figure out the organize thing. I have to go through and finish figuring out BV for a bunch of them, im clicking "Organize" as I go but again have no idea where that even shows up. Id much rather prefer to sell than trade at this point. I have 60 or so autographed 8x10s, a full monster box of in person autographed cards, 80 or so autographed pucks, maybe 8 or 9 sticks a few of which are GU. I used to be heavily involved / a rink rat back home but just have no real space for anything anymore since the move to NC and my mother would like me to finish cleaning out everything back at the house in MA.

Here are some more quick random pics. Most of my in person items are from Bruins training camps, practices, and then AHL games where I was a season ticket holder during the lockout year. I do also have a Signed GU Cam Ward Stick that isnt broken.

Cam Ward Paddle:
[Image: 9484357090_d3b42a10ca_b.jpg]

Cam Neely Autos:
[Image: 9484357124_da55fd4c1e_b.jpg]

Box of In Person Autos:
[Image: 9484357242_25492a19db_b.jpg]

Random Sampling:
[Image: 9481564743_123572ccb2_b.jpg]

Bourque Autos:
[Image: 9481564817_a4ba662767_b.jpg]

Thomas with COA:
[Image: 9484356994_d118194e7c_b.jpg]

Old Garden Photo with Players:
[Image: 9484356980_c63fd6e469_b.jpg]

do you have any 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice cards? If so, Let me know. If it's a patch card, i'll be more than willing to purchase...
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches