`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How rare is it....

How rare is it....
How rare is it to submit cards to Beckett for grading and get a ten grading? Now I'm talking new cards obviously not older cards. They seem to grade the autographs 10 but the card itself hardly ever gets a 10. Anyone ever get lucky and have a completely perfect card?

RE: How rare is it....
from best I can tell...10 = pristine, and I mean pristine. Good luck with that as Beckett grades hard, but fair. A 9.5 from Beckett = 10 in my book. But what the heck do I know about graded cards......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Yeah I've always heard Beckett is notorious for grading tough.

(08-09-2013, 10:41 PM)jconstein Wrote: Yeah I've always heard Beckett is notorious for grading tough.
But a good beckett grade gives the card much more of a boos imo.

(08-09-2013, 10:07 PM)jconstein Wrote: How rare is it to submit cards to Beckett for grading and get a ten grading? Now I'm talking new cards obviously not older cards. They seem to grade the autographs 10 but the card itself hardly ever gets a 10. Anyone ever get lucky and have a completely perfect card?
Check & see if there's a population report when you ck the opg. I looked up a 2010 Harper refractor & only 7 of the 235 submitted were a 10 which is a 3% average. I also looked up a Heyward Blue Refractor Auto & none of the 49 got a 10.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I wonder what separates a 9.5 to a 10. It must be the slightest of imperfections.

What cracks me up is that a 9.0 is considered a pretty lame grade these days ... and 9.0 is "mint" ... back in the day, "mint" was as good as it got.

There was even a dude named "Mr. Mint" Alan Rosen that used to be a nationally known dealer, don't know if he still is, LOL.

lol yeah I got a Harper Bowman chrome purple refractor graded last year and it came back a 8.5 I actually felt like the card was worthless with that grade. I removed it from the case immediately lol.