`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can anyone explain this to me?

Can anyone explain this to me?
I want to bid on an eBay item but it won't let me place the bid and I can't send the seller a message. Any suggestions?

RE: Can anyone explain this to me?
Have you ever dealt with the seller before? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if they have blocked you. Are you able to bid on anything else at the moment on eBay?

Yup, I can bid on other items and I've never dealt with this member before.

he probably had restrictions set up that disallow you from bidding, or you have been blocked. many of us powersellers share lists of bad buyers, all of us block all of the bad buyers, regardless if we have dealt with them

you might be on one of those shared lists

Well ebay wont let you bid if you havent paid for any items previously. Also, and a lot of people dont know this. But a seller can/ and will sometimes block a bidder. This can be for any reason, sometime as small as you didnt leave feedback. Have you bought from him before? If so were you slow to pay, or didnt leave feedback? If you are blocked from a seller, he wont even get your msg's. Look back and check feedback first. If ya missed it, you can still leave feedback, and the seller will see it. If thats the reason he blocked you, he will then remove the blockage...Also a seller can auto block anyone that doesnt have a paypal account... Hope this helps..
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

(08-08-2013, 02:14 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he probably had restrictions set up that disallow you from bidding, or you have been blocked. many of us powersellers share lists of bad buyers, all of us block all of the bad buyers, regardless if we have dealt with them

I've only had one problem with another eBay member and I resolved that.

(08-08-2013, 02:14 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he probably had restrictions set up that disallow you from bidding, or you have been blocked. many of us powersellers share lists of bad buyers, all of us block all of the bad buyers, regardless if we have dealt with them

This is the one thing a seller can actually do to a buyer. Ebay is set up for the buyer. But lets say someone was a dink buyer, gave bad feedback just because he, the buyer himself just made a bad purchase. And wanted to take it out on the seller... Well now that buyer, that left bogus feedback is now "ON THE LIST". I like this as I feel for the sellers on e-bay sometimes. I dont sell, I buy. And give good feedback when its deserved. On the other hand , I would hate to make this "LIST" giving genuine bad feedback.
*edit-extra*
I havent had to give bad feedback at all yet , but I am just over a low 120 buys or so. I have resolved things via mail though. Damaged card once, and have told some other sellers they should maybe state they were going to send in a PWE for the $3.50 shipping fee.

[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

I've only left bad feedback once in my life and that was to a buyer that is now banned for failure to ship items.

I would say if you don't have any outstanding issues with sellers, and you can't think of any reason that they would have blocked you, maybe check with eBay? They may be able to clear up why you can't bid on it.

what's the item? i tend to block people who try to low ball me on an item i have up just so that they don't screw up my buy it now price. normally i delete the block once the auction is done though. not saying that you sent me a low offer before.