`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Toys R' Us Platinum...

Toys R' Us Platinum...
So, I've sat here and watched these ridiculous pulls from platinum blasters... My local Walmart and Target had NO RETAIL PLATINUM... At All...

Today I went with my daughter to Toys "R Us to buy a soccer ball/goal. I normally never buy here because blasters are $5 more etc... But given the local retail Platinum shortage, I gave it a look.

No blasters... But, they did have 9 value packs... And a convenient tag hanging over them saying "Buy 2 get 1 free on all collectible cards"... Overpriced $12.49 value packs, buy 2 get 1 free.... 27 packs of retail, and 27 purple prospects for $75 + tax... lets do this... Figured I'd pull a few autos and maybe a Puig or two...

No autos...
But....

[Image: 88EC3BFD-2B09-4066-9B3E-8B192163771C-165...668997.jpg]

Other die-cuts-

2 X David Wright
1 X Gollardo

Diamonds in the Rough
-Marco Hernandez
- Alcantara

Top Prospects
Vogelbach
Bradley
Goodwin
Sano

Sapphire Reprints
Utley

Blue/199
Victor Sanchez?

Prospect X-fractors
Bethancourt
Lucas Sims?

Ruby
Goldschmidt
Lincecum

Sapphire
Alfredo Marte RC
McCutch

Gold
Howard
Bundy RC
A-Gone
Odor-izzi RC

Refractor prospects
Buxton
Kyle Zimmer
Joc Pederson
Masone williams

Base RC's
Gattis
Machado
Bundy
Profar
Shelby Miller

NO AUTOS... BUT PLENTY OF PUIG!!! And a lot more base...

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Toys R' Us Platinum...
(08-06-2013, 03:22 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Awesome pulls. You just might be able to break even.
BTW, did you pull a Gary Sanchez base by any chance?
No Gary Sanchez base....

(08-06-2013, 03:22 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Awesome pulls. You just might be able to break even.
BTW, did you pull a Gary Sanchez base by any chance?
I did not include the other 26 purple prospect refractors... I will load them up in ORG soon. If you want to trade let me know.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

Awesome, wonder if thats a national toys r us promo

Might make it worth buying their overpriced packs

i'll be looking for some purples. also will be loading my platinum for trade into org today/tomorrow.

(08-06-2013, 05:05 PM)rentzington Wrote: Awesome, wonder if thats a national toys r us promo

Might make it worth buying their overpriced packs
Definitely...

They are pretty brutal with their prices...

But they do have 1/2 off or $5 off coupons every now and again to balance things out... They also have a pretty random selection when the sales do hit, and will put excess premium brands on sale prior to the coupon... which can make for some fun/random retail breaks. Today's buy 2 get 1 free was too good to pass up, considering the retail drought around my area....

$2.77 /retail pack with an extra purple refractor per pack on average...

Had to do it.

(08-06-2013, 06:20 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Well I see something similar in your ORG but for some reason it says it's from 2012. Anyway I'll try to load my ORG up with stuff you might be interested in and send you an offer.

I think I have a Gary Sanchez from '12 platinum... either purple or regular refractor.