`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was I wrong?

Was I wrong?
Did a purchase on ebay and the front of the card was just like in the picture-but the back had a big ding on it. I sent it back and got refunded-that part went smoothly.

But, I really just wanted the card. So, I left neutral(I lost shipping money and now can't afford to buy the card at this time).

He sent me this message....

Really neutral feedback after I refunded card for no reason. The card was as described straight from pack condition. I never said the card was a gem mint 10 and never would. Less than 1% of cards are graded to that level. This card would easily grade a 9 with a 10 auto. If you want to be that picky you should only buy graded cards. You just ruined the value of my card. If my card is listed and someone looks at my feedback they will think this card is ruined. You not only made me lose money on shipping but now this card has no value. Please stay away from my listings. I cannot return the card to Topps even though I pulled it from a new box.They would tell me the card is within there quality specifications. I know because I have been doing this for a while. Realize what you do to people next time you leave feedback.Your neutral makes no sense. Another buyer would have been very happy with the card

---------------
First off I think it would be borderline 8.5 from what I saw on the bay.

Second I didn't give neg. I also find it funny that EVERY time I have had to return a card it is either 1. they didn't notice(and didn't put a picture of that part of the card up) 2. it was damaged in the mail....(and again they didn't put the pic of the portion of the card that was damaged-and then tell me they are looking at a picture of that portion of the card in one case :/)

Isn't the fact that you don't notice damage to a card part of the value of your service.

I find it funny that he tells ME not to bid on his stuff anymore. I was thinking I hope I don't accidentally bid on one of his items again
Looking to SELL ONLY at the moment. Prices in my org are completely negotiable...I just set random prices for the most part. Pm me

RE: Was I wrong?
To answer you question yeah I think you were in the wrong here. From the details you provided the guy did nothing wrong. You won his card he shipped the item, you weren't happy and sent it back for a full refund. What's the problem?

You wanted a gem mint card? And he sent you a nrmt to mint condition card? I don't get it I'd be really pissed off if I was that dude. I don't see what he did wrong.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep his name in mind and steer clear of his auctions. If he didn't disclose the big ding, that's on him.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(08-05-2013, 10:25 PM)jdberia Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep his name in mind and steer clear of his auctions. If he didn't disclose the big ding, that's on him.
A card that can get an 8.5 grade is there really a dig? Still interested to know what card was purchased and for how much. Attach the link from the auction I'd lke to see it

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(08-05-2013, 10:23 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: To answer you question yeah I think you were in the wrong here. From the details you provided the guy did nothing wrong. You won his card he shipped the item, you weren't happy and sent it back for a full refund. What's the problem?

You wanted a gem mint card? And he sent you a nrmt to mint condition card? I don't get it I'd be really pissed off if I was that dude. I don't see what he did wrong.
Agreed.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

+1, yeah, sorry, I sell a lot of cards on eBay and what you did would really piss me off, too, especially if I cooperated and refunded your money.

No offense, man, just answering your question.

The thing to do (which I've done before) would be to give him a positive, and the note could say something to the effect of ... "Seller refunded my money after I returned card" or something.

Then people can look at the card themselves and decide if they want it or not ... if you thought it was damaged, chances are someone else would too, so hopefully either the seller would be smart enough to post a photo of the back or the buyer would be smart enough to ask for another scan of the back.

But a neutral isn't much better than a negative, as it implies an unpleasant or unproductive experience, which this wasn't.

rad........I never said I was looking for a 10. I was looking for card without a ding. A little chipping i can understand not mentioning. But, a clear ding is just maddening.

From my understanding you give feedback of the transaction. The transaction included me paying for what I understood was a card which had minor defects(he gave the from pack condition-that should have been my first clue). I was pleased with the way the transaction went-other than not getting a card and being out 5 dollars for shipping

Paying 5 dollars for nothing isn't positive in my mind.
No offense taken rj-and I did note that he gave refund-just I would rather have a card and not be out the money. that was why I posted it. Just wanted to see what other people said...

Looking to SELL ONLY at the moment. Prices in my org are completely negotiable...I just set random prices for the most part. Pm me

I would have only left a neutral if he hadn't let u out of the deal.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(08-05-2013, 10:32 PM)erikido23 Wrote: rad........I never said I was looking for a 10. I was looking for card without a ding. A little chipping i can understand not mentioning. But, a clear ding is just maddening.

From my understanding you give feedback of the transaction. The transaction included me paying for what I understood was a card which had minor defects(he gave the from pack condition-that should have been my first clue). I was pleased with the way the transaction went-other than not getting a card and being out 5 dollars for shipping

Paying 5 dollars for nothing isn't positive in my mind.
No offense taken rj-and I did note that he gave refund-just I would rather have a card and not be out the money. that was why I posted it. Just wanted to see what other people said...
Fair enough, man ... though I do know that sometimes the refund policy is already pre-set at the bottom of the page, like a default ... like mine says "return shipping paid by buyer" even though I didn't set it up that way.

I mean, I could change it, but I don't ever plan on a return because I'm pretty meticulous about what I send out. If I can see dings, I don't sell it.

But, I see your point, if for you the overall transaction as a whole was not good, then I could see that.

So if I spend the time looking for a card. Get it in the mail-and it isn't what I wanted it is not unproductive? Sorry, if I am not understanding. I understand where you are coming from. But, I don't think you are understanding from the buyers perspective.

I spent time and money and came away with nothing except for an angry note from a seller. Tell me how that is productive at all?

When I see neutrals(as a consumer) on a sellers profile and they say they got a refund. I don't take that as negative(they would have put negative), I take it as they wanted the product they paid for but the seller is honest