`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Packers sign Vince Young

RE: Packers sign Vince Young
I'm not upset about the signing, especially after hearing about how Harrell and Coleman have been doing during camp.

(08-06-2013, 06:47 AM)franklinx Wrote: I think Vince is a good addition. We all know GB acquired him because the offensive line is stricken with injury's. So ya, they go out and get a backup quarter back in case Rodgers gets creamed, and cant play... Am I the only one thinking this is insane?....Shouldnt GB be doing what ever it takes to replace those linemen to keep Rodgers safe? I mean, sure GB has to be looking. I just havent heard them say anything about acquiring some good OL to protect the're franchise player.
I think they are looking, but Baktari (sp?) had a great camp and is looking really good, from what I've read. So are a couple of the other guys. If they sign someone, I think they are going to wait until at least after the first preseason game against the Cards. If the line holds up, and they look as good as they did in camp, I don't think they'll sign someone. If Rodgers et al go down a lot, then I can see them going for someone. For Rodgers' sake, hopefully they do just poorly enough that upper management signs a couple of guys to try to shore it up some more.

(08-06-2013, 06:35 AM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: Maybe slightly over Graham Harrell, and that's because he can run. Vince Young was always highly overrated. He jumped a couple of rounds in the draft because of ONE bowl game. His game against USC lifted him from obscurity in the fact that less than half of any football fan could have told you who he was to being one of the top picks in the draft.

I've always loved his running but I am a better pure passer than he is. If Rodgers got hurt, he could carry the Pack for a couple of games at the most. Either McCarthy would have to install the pistol to hide his weaknesses or defenses would figure him out and he'd start throwing interception after interception.

I don't become fans of players just because they are now on the team I love. My opinion of him remains the same until he proves me wrong, and the last time I saw him (losing the backup job to Tavaris Jackson in Buffalo) doesn't come close to feeling an ounce of confidence in him.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.
Man he was always going to be a high first round pick... He did the same thing to Michigan in the Rose Bowl the year before. Yea he doesn't have the same (or near as many) strengths as Rodgers, but who does? As a backup QB, you don't very often get a guy as talented as he is. Hoping we don't need to use him for anything but blowouts but I'm relieved that I don't think we can be immediately written off if we did (knock on wood) lose Rodgers for any length of time

Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

Oh god, now I hope Rodgers doesn't get hurt now........
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

(08-06-2013, 06:35 AM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: last time I saw him (losing the backup job to Tavaris Jackson in Buffalo) doesn't come close to feeling an ounce of confidence in him.
What he said.....

They can't stop the read option on defense and lord knows he can run that, at least he could earlier in his career, so he has some benefit to the scout team as well.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(08-06-2013, 08:21 AM)nathan craig Wrote: Man he was always going to be a high first round pick...
Seriously. I actually remember the draft class from that year. He was considered a 3rd to 4th round talent that jumped into the first round after the National Championship. Remember: running QBs were not considered top-tier NFL talent back then other than Michael Vick. It's not the first time that something like that has happened in football history and likely won't be the last. He became a household name because of that game and built momentum with everything except Wonderlic. Remember that? He played the system while he was hot and won. He's a perfect fit for teams that run the pistol, but not for any team that runs a west coast system that relies on timing and coverage adjustments to move the ball. Those are both things that VY has failed in throughout his career and I seriously doubt that a lightbulb is going to come on over his head anytime soon.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

(08-06-2013, 06:47 AM)franklinx Wrote: I think Vince is a good addition. We all know GB acquired him because the offensive line is stricken with injury's. So ya, they go out and get a backup quarter back in case Rodgers gets creamed, and cant play... Am I the only one thinking this is insane?....Shouldnt GB be doing what ever it takes to replace those linemen to keep Rodgers safe? I mean, sure GB has to be looking. I just havent heard them say anything about acquiring some good OL to protect the're franchise player.
Pretty much all of the GOOD OL are already at Camp by now...if they were good they wouldn't be looking for work right now..
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

Rodgers was sacked 51 times last year first off all.. 51 times and still tossed 39 dingers and 8 interceptions on a POUR/BROKE DOWN O-LINE. .. what if VY goes down if Rodgers goes down.. then whos going to "be the guy"? im highly certain that the coaches and management arent worried about Rodgers... I think the last of the packers worries are Aaron Rodgers getting hurt. Id worry about the run game and the rush defense before that.
Rodgers is like big ben(but 10x better)
he extends the play til the last possible second.. if manning or brady played behind that oline theyd make it look like an all-pro line and its been talked about like that the past several days on network.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(08-06-2013, 09:34 PM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: Seriously. I actually remember the draft class from that year. He was considered a 3rd to 4th round talent that jumped into the first round after the National Championship. Remember: running QBs were not considered top-tier NFL talent back then other than Michael Vick. It's not the first time that something like that has happened in football history and likely won't be the last. He became a household name because of that game and built momentum with everything except Wonderlic. Remember that? He played the system while he was hot and won. He's a perfect fit for teams that run the pistol, but not for any team that runs a west coast system that relies on timing and coverage adjustments to move the ball. Those are both things that VY has failed in throughout his career and I seriously doubt that a lightbulb is going to come on over his head anytime soon.
Thats just wrong. He wasnt going to be picked ahead of Lienart that year until that game, but to think he wasnt gonna be a top 10-15 pick is just incorrect. Guy had a 30-2 record in college and had a LOT of big games before that USC game that he dominated. How about the 2005 Rose Bowl where he torched Michigan? Or http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253020197 where he brought them back from a 28-10 halftime deficiet to win 47-28.. Those are just a couple examples but there are a lot more. Vince is widely regarded as one of the best (and by many people, the best) college football QB ever. That guy was never slipping from the first round man. All he did in the usc game was move himself up 5-10 spots.
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!