`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traded with my dad for an amazing 1966 Topps Koufax, what do you think it would grade

Traded with my dad for an amazing 1966 Topps Koufax, what do you think it would grade
So I just agreed to a trade with my dad and I finally get my first Koufax card. Just curious what you guys think it will grade? I will be sending it to PSA once I am able to swing by his house to pick it up!

Front
[Image: IMG950177_2_zps7fe64f62.jpg]

Back
[Image: IMG950175_zps3ba33168.jpg]

Obviously it isn't perfect, corners aren't great, off center a tad and has 2 small wrinkles by his face. But the color on it is incredible. I'm no grader, and I've only gotten 6 cards graded (with minimal success lol) so I'm curious what you guys with more experience think?

And no it is not FT...it is the new centerpiece of my Dodgers PC
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: Traded with my dad for an amazing 1966 Topps Koufax, what do you think it would grade
I will go with a 2. The back centering and wrinkles will kill it. In any case, I love that card, I have one of my own as well. For some reason, I just like that set.

RE: Traded with my dad for an amazing 1966 Topps Koufax, what do you think it would grade
Great card, but not worth getting graded, In my opinion. Wrinkles and centering will bring it in waaaay low. It's nice and clean and glossy, though.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for sharing a great looking card, even with it's flaws. No card is worth getting graded if you are collecting to keep IMO, just sleeve it and protect it in a holder.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

2 or 2.5 at the most. It came from a great set and a lot of sharp cards can be found from this set. If you look at this as serious PC, gather your vintage cards together and send to SGC. I put all of my dad's top vintage cards from 1960's stars together and plan send to SGC to keep them in safe. About 15 Mantles, hope to get some good grades though Smile Nothing will leave though.

Enjoy the card- make sure you have a drink with your dad to thank him for the trade Smile