`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Cards you just can't find but should be able to

Cards you just can't find but should be able to
OK. we all collect either particular players or sets and i am curious..... What is the highest serialed number of a player/card you have needed/wanted but either cant land or just cant fricking find. I have two that have eluded me for years and one is numbered to 3000
Here are two of mine, and I haven't even seen either of these

1997 Donruss Preferred Kordell Stewart chain reaction. (Last one for my master set) RIDICULOUS THAT I CAN'T FIND THIS there are 3000 of them.

2004 leaf rookies and stars longevity parallel /125 Mark Brunell. Only one I know who has one is JAderock...

I am just curious if anyone has dealt with the same frustration I am having. I have a few more numbered to 75 but that is a little more understandable. If I am not alone please share.

RE: Cards you just can't find but should be able to
There are quite a few for me but the one that makes no sense is the base card of Jason Taylor from 1999 SP Signature. I cant find it anywhere.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(08-02-2013, 01:04 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: There are quite a few for me but the one that makes no sense is the base card of Jason Taylor from 1999 SP Signature. I cant find it anywhere.

Is there a base card without a signature, I see two taylor signatures on ebay right now. Just curious,

Yeah the base card has no auto. I even landed the gold auto version where 15 or so were made. lol. The base card is like a 1/1 or something.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Yes, I have a lot of trouble finding either Retail, high serial numbered and base cards of any of my Pc players. Here are a few:

2010 Absolute Memorabilia Retail #124 David Gettis /299
2010 Panini Gridiron Gear Gold O's #175 David Gettis \100
2007 Absolute Memorabilia War Room #13 Chris Henry /100
2007 Leaf Rookies and Stars Rookie Crusade Green #33 Chris Henry RB /100 (I can find the mem version all the time but not the regular card.)
2008 Absolute Memorabilia Marks of Fame #5 Chris Henry RB /250

[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

There are tons that I don't have that wouldn't be pricey and that is probably why I don't have them, because they are not worth much, if anything, for someone to sell. There are a few places to get lower priced cards, but otherwise, buying cards in lots may be something I'll have to do in the future.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

One that eluded me for a LONG time was a 1998 Upper Deck CL card of Herman Moore. I finally got one, but I think it was so tough because it was a checklist card.
That being said, I think I have that Kordell Stewart Chain Reaction that you need. I would just need to dig through a bunch of boxes to find it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The one that really surprised me recently is the 2012 Jordy Nelson Topps Chrome Red (/25). Yeah, I know it's out of 25, but I've seen 4 of the /5 Eddie Lacy booklet autos from Inception already on eBay, and I've only seen a total of 1 Nelson Red! I've got every other variation (except the 1/1s), and I got all of them extremely easily.... Yet the red still eludes me!

(08-02-2013, 12:54 AM)diablo71 Wrote: OK. we all collect either particular players or sets and i am curious..... What is the highest serialed number of a player/card you have needed/wanted but either cant land or just cant fricking find. I have two that have eluded me for years and one is numbered to 3000
Here are two of mine, and I haven't even seen either of these

1997 Donruss Preferred Kordell Stewart chain reaction. (Last one for my master set) RIDICULOUS THAT I CAN'T FIND THIS there are 3000 of them.

2004 leaf rookies and stars longevity parallel /125 Mark Brunell. Only one I know who has one is JAderock...

I am just curious if anyone has dealt with the same frustration I am having. I have a few more numbered to 75 but that is a little more understandable. If I am not alone please share.
2000 Sage Hit Emerald Auto of LaVar Arrington. They aren't even serial numbered and near impossible to find.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Jim Leonhard 2005 Leaf R&S Longevity #121 True Green /100
Jim Leonhard 2005 Leaf R&S Longevity #121 Holofoil /25

Have never even seen either of these.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs: