`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target trout fishing...

Target trout fishing...
Stopped by Target early in the a.m. to see about a platinum blaster... Didn't have any. Decided to go with one of those 10 pack for $12 boxes as I saw a jumbo pack of 2011 update on the front...

Pack breakdown ended up being...
2011 update rackpack/jumbo (counted as 2 packs)
2 X Topps '12 series 1
2 X Topps '12 series 2
2 X Topps '12 opening day
1 X Topps '12 chrome
1 X '06 Upper Deck Ovation

Whiffed on the Update... No trout.

The '06 ovation had a chad billingsley /99 RC auto redemption... Expired in '08. Haha. Awesome!

Best pack was chrome with a Jeter refractor/Howard X-fractor...

Fun break overall... Love these things as a cheap way to scratch the wax itch

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Target trout fishing...
I do too. Got one the other day and got an auto and a gold refractor. Pretty happy with it.
Joe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collecting Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Manny Machado and any other nice Orioles.

(08-01-2013, 01:25 PM)joebalazek Wrote: I do too. Got one the other day and got an auto and a gold refractor. Pretty happy with it.
Nice!

After looking at them closer, I guess I got a SP Roberto Alomar Cognac from the update... lol. Thought roberto alomar in an indians jersey seemed out of place in a 2011 pack. For some reason an Alomar SP seemed equally unlikely

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

I'd try to do the redemption since people have been waiting 1+ years for their redemptions to come
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

Don't waste your time trying to redeem that. Upper Deck honors expired redemptions up to a year after they expire. BUT....you usually have to call them and fight with them. Depending on who answers the phone, they may (and usually do) tell you no can do. Then if you report them on the Better Business Bureau's website they are usually more than happy to work something out with you to resolve the case.

It should also be noted that if you receive cards from them as an "equal" to something they decided to not make and you are not happy with it, you can call them and dispute it. Again, if you don't like what they tell you, report them to the BBB.

If you doubt it, search them on the BBB website. It is free to do and they list all of the 50+ complaints they have received along with the outcome of each. You can get what you want from them if it is within reason but I really doubt you want to waste your time fighting that fight unless it is a nice card. And being that far expired, they won't help regardless. The BBB just lists those as "unresolved" on the site.

(08-01-2013, 03:25 PM)petercopp Wrote: Don't waste your time trying to redeem that. Upper Deck honors expired redemptions up to a year after they expire. BUT....you usually have to call them and fight with them. Depending on who answers the phone, they may (and usually do) tell you no can do. Then if you report them on the Better Business Bureau's website they are usually more than happy to work something out with you to resolve the case.

It should also be noted that if you receive cards from them as an "equal" to something they decided to not make and you are not happy with it, you can call them and dispute it. Again, if you don't like what they tell you, report them to the BBB.

If you doubt it, search them on the BBB website. It is free to do and they list all of the 50+ complaints they have received along with the outcome of each. You can get what you want from them if it is within reason but I really doubt you want to waste your time fighting that fight unless it is a nice card. And being that far expired, they won't help regardless. The BBB just lists those as "unresolved" on the site.
Yeah... called them. They told me I could send it in to be part of a raffle lol. It's only a $30 BV card, and that sounds like a lot of work!

(08-01-2013, 03:58 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Yeah... called them. They told me I could send it in to be part of a raffle lol. It's only a $30 BV card, and that sounds like a lot of work!
Eh... Screw it... Filed a complaint. Had nothing better to do with the past 10 minutes.

(08-01-2013, 03:58 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Yeah... called them. They told me I could send it in to be part of a raffle lol. It's only a $30 BV card, and that sounds like a lot of work!
Eh... Screw it... Filed a complaint. Had nothing better to do with the past 10 minutes.

[/quote]

Fantastic! Let me know how it turns out. I'd be interested in knowing what they'll do for you.