`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
What do y'all think about UD and inscriptions...

What do y'all think about UD and inscriptions...
1st - if you don't know what y'all means, I'm sorry - you's guys, etc...

My issue-

Lets say Eric Decker becomes a legendary receiver this year and UD starts getting him to sign even more.

Does he change his Auto to reflect a number 7, or does he keep it at 87 - and does that change your opinion on whether to buy (as a NFL collector).

I bring this up because he signed some UD stickers as 87 - while the picture is Him wearing his collegiate uniform and a "7".

..on card autos I've seen him sign "7".....

Likewise, I'd say the same of Hines Ward if he signed his number with every auto.

Or - if a player collector, does it even matter to you?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

RE: What do y'all think about UD and inscriptions...
(07-31-2013, 05:39 PM)ugameck Wrote: 1st - if you don't know what y'all means, I'm sorry - you's guys, etc...

My issue-

Lets say Eric Decker becomes a legendary receiver this year and UD starts getting him to sign even more.

Does he change his Auto to reflect a number 7, or does he keep it at 87 - and does that change your opinion on whether to buy (as a NFL collector).

I bring this up because he signed some UD stickers as 87 - while the picture is Him wearing his collegiate uniform and a "7".

..on card autos I've seen him sign "7".....

Likewise, I'd say the same of Hines Ward if he signed his number with every auto.

Or - if a player collector, does it even matter to you?
I don't know, it doesn't really bother me. I'm a Lions fan and bought a Nate Burleson sticker auto when he joined the team in 2010. Even though he was in his No. 13 Lions jersey on the card, it said #81 on the sticker auto next to his name (his number with Seattle, I believe.) I thought it was kind of a cool novelty.

If your a PLAYER collector, you would like to have the history of the player in the auto and or mem. If your a TEAM collector, some would not collect a card unless the uni and the auto centers around the team being collected. Myself, I like the History either way. Cards like that are great convo pieces.
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

With my Manning collection it doesnt matter if its 16 or 18 to me lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(07-31-2013, 06:21 PM)branesergen Wrote: With my Manning collection it doesnt matter if its 16 or 18 to me lol
No - I'm just asking if the card has him wearing an 18, but he signs a 16. (Didn't think PMan signed his with a jersey number).

That's it - food for thought - just because UD uses stickers and the players may forget who they are signing for. Presspass hasn't run into that prob since (most) are all on card and the player sees his "pictured" jersey number.

IE- Decker's on card autos of UD have "7" inscribed, but he signed all his stickers "87" (even though they are going on "7" cards).

Like I said - not a knock on ANY brand (I'm forced at this point to buy UD Wink) - just a question!
(Taken from sportscardalbum - not my cards):
[Image: hb5ll2b6.JPG]
[Image: x9gfnk73.jpg]

On a side note - doesnt anyone else see his signature as a poor mans graphic drawing?

I'd prefer the number to match the jersey shown but doesn't make much of a difference to me at the end of the day if I like the card.

(07-31-2013, 07:24 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: I'd prefer the number to match the jersey shown but doesn't make much of a difference to me at the end of the day if I like the card.
ditto
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

(07-31-2013, 07:49 PM)mrdub Wrote: ditto
And that's why I asked!

I, for one, haven't had the issue - UGA players aren't notorious for signing their numbers....unless they are total ballers!!

I would like the number to match the college jersey for my PSU collection. It wouldn't be enough for me not to own the card but Id rather it match the PSU uniform.

As for why they do it, it might be when they sign it. If he's signing the card or sticker when he already knows his pro number, he might be excited enough to sign it that way. If its before that time, he might just sign it with his then current number.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com