`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think? MAJOR UPDATE AT END!

Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think? MAJOR UPDATE AT END!
OK, so, a couple of you may recall that last summer, after some extensive research, I bought this IP auto of Mike Trout:

[Image: KevinTroutFront.jpg]

I sent it in to PSA for authentication and they rejected it, but I re-sent it to BGS/JSA and they authenticated it.

So, I decided to take the plunge again with a Yasiel Puig auto:

[Image: YasielPuig_zpse0c25d6d.jpg]

Basically, here's the deal with this one:

1) I made a high-end trade with my buddy (different cards, not for the Puig), and in the deal he included some cash (PayPal) that I then used to pick up the Puig on the bay, so basically it was "free" ...

2) Like the Trout, I researched ALL of his autos on the bay, and feel good about it being legit.

3) The seller was very open, friendly, communicative, and his story totally checked out about obtaining it in the Puerto Rican winter league (this means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I never got a "dodgy" vibe from him whatsoever).

Plus, he said he would issue a refund if I submitted it to BGS/JSA and it came back unslabbed.

I'm probably going to submit just to be safe, but what do you guys think?

I'm thinking I got a pretty good deal.

Plus, the way my luck ALWAYS goes, it pretty much guarantees I will pull one within the next month or so, LOL

RE: Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think?
I'm not familiar with his auto, but if this is authentic then he has a very slow and deliberate signature. You can tell he pressed hard with the dots at the end of each character. It's a great looking autograph!

On another note, I really like IP autographs. There's a story to each card that doesn't involve the signer signing a contract and autographing hundreds or thousands of identical cards or stickers.

In the long run, your Trout autograph will be worth MUCH more than the Puig IMO Smile
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

RE: Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think?
(07-29-2013, 10:42 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I'm not familiar with his auto, but if this is authentic then he has a very slow and deliberate signature. You can tell he pressed hard with the dots at the end of each character. It's a great looking autograph!

On another note, I really like IP autographs. There's a story to each card that doesn't involve the signer signing a contract and autographing hundreds or thousands of identical cards or stickers.

In the long run, your Trout autograph will be worth MUCH more than the Puig IMO Smile
Yeah, I compared every pen stroke/slant/pressure point, etc. ... I'm not a pro by any means but it looked great to me.

The seller said he goes to PRWL baseball games all the time and that autos are very easy to get.

Plus, Puig is a very fan friendly guy and I assume would have been even more so in the PRWL before he made it big ... also, he always includes his number on every sig regardless of what team he's on, and 35 is what he wore in the PRWL.

What sealed it for me was this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coast-guard...06377.html

If you look about two thirds of the way down at the photo, he even includes his number on the tennis ball he signed for the Coast Guard guy.

All of that is circumstantial, obviously, but didn't hurt, I thought. LOL

RE: Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think? UPDATE BELOW!
Update — So I took the plunge and mailed the Puig IP auto to JSA/Beckett for authentication today.

Now ... I wait.

It's kind of bittersweet ... you know in the long run it's better for peace of mind overall and for re-sale value if you ever need to part with it, but man ...

I don't like waiting, and I don't like not knowing whether it will "pass" or not.

Oh well ... if it does come back slabbed, it will make for a pretty sweet pair with the Trout.

I'll scan it in if it comes back slabbed, check back around Thanksgiving or so, LOL

(08-12-2013, 07:16 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Update — So I took the plunge and mailed the Puig IP auto to JSA/Beckett for authentication today.

Now ... I wait.

It's kind of bittersweet ... you know in the long run it's better for peace of mind overall and for re-sale value if you ever need to part with it, but man ...

I don't like waiting, and I don't like not knowing whether it will "pass" or not.

Oh well ... if it does come back slabbed, it will make for a pretty sweet pair with the Trout.

I'll scan it in if it comes back slabbed, check back around Thanksgiving or so, LOL
I'm curious as to why PGS didn't authenticate the Trout auto & the other did.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(08-12-2013, 10:44 PM)krn001 Wrote: I'm curious as to why PGS didn't authenticate the Trout auto & the other did.
Yeah, I have no idea.

PSA sent it back unslabbed in about three weeks with a generic form letter (no specific reason why) ... so I re-submitted it to JSA/BGS and they slabbed it.

The only reason I re-submitted it was that I was positive it was legit ... I literally studied every single Trout auto on the bay (cards, balls, bats, photos, etc.) before I bought it.

The funny thing was, I did see some that were slabbed by PSA, and a couple of them were not even close to the certified ones, so in my book they're not very reliable.

Just my opinion, obviously thousands of other people probably think they're great.

So this time I thought I would just try JSA/BGS first, LOL ... if it comes back unslabbed I'm not going to bother with PSA — the seller has already said he would refund my money if it's not authenticated, so I figured I have nothing to lose.

Your Trout auto looks 100% legit to my untrained eye. I don't think it would be an easy one to forge either, he's got distinct shapes with a very fast stroke.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

nice! But am i the only one who sees that arm and thinks, "Roids"?
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

i used to have a yasiel puig auto (certified) before he got called up and i sold it for $10. i am sooo mad now. but that puig auto looks pretty good to me
DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS MINOR-DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Im no pro but from what Ive seen it looks legit to me
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s