`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think? MAJOR UPDATE AT END!

RE: Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think? UPDATE BELOW!
(08-13-2013, 09:09 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: nice! But am i the only one who sees that arm and thinks, "Roids"?
Short answer I would say yes your the only one. 20 years ago I looked as ripped as that but now Im a Barry Bonds look and never used any kind of drugs just pure dedication is all it takes.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(08-13-2013, 09:09 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: nice! But am i the only one who sees that arm and thinks, "Roids"?
I def think he's natural. Just the way some folks are esp. if they work hard at it.

RJ, Awesome you got your Puig and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Send 'er in as that is def. real. Good luck!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I'm starting to wonder if any of this authentication crud is legit at all. Take a look at this:

(Not mine, just showing in order to see the difference)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Topps-Steve...4ac80e3f4a

Now look at this and tell me that the same person signed this:

[Image: yzauto_zpsf226a1d0.jpg]
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-13-2013, 02:33 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Your Trout auto looks 100% legit to my untrained eye. I don't think it would be an easy one to forge either, he's got distinct shapes with a very fast stroke.
Thanks ... I literally looked at like 300 different Trout autos before I bought it ... not bad for $60!

Same with Puig, although he didn't have as many live samples ... but I checked every one.
Yeah, the forearm is pretty impressive.

That's the deal with baseball these days ... I hate to say it, but anybody could be juicing.

I guess if he is I'll end up dumping it, because someone will still want it.
(08-13-2013, 10:29 PM)harmon killebrew Wrote: i used to have a yasiel puig auto (certified) before he got called up and i sold it for $10. i am sooo mad now. but that puig auto looks pretty good to me
Hope so, thanks for the vote of confidence ... the vote was pretty split on my Trout before it got slabbed, but it seems like most are pretty OK with the Puig this time.

Again, not that our opinions ultimately mean anything, LOL
(08-13-2013, 10:33 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Im no pro but from what Ive seen it looks legit to me
Thanks very much ... fingers crossed until Thanksgiving or so, LOL
(08-14-2013, 07:50 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I def think he's natural. Just the way some folks are esp. if they work hard at it.

RJ, Awesome you got your Puig and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Send 'er in as that is def. real. Good luck!
Thanks Joe ... shipped it Monday, should be to JSA either today or tomorrow.

Yeah, I looked at it this way ... traded an "extra" Kobe auto for a LeBron booklet (he's my main basketball PC guy and it's the first and only booklet I own) ... so just those cards 1 for 1 were a pretty good deal, and the Puig really was just a bonus because of the extra PayPal my buddy chipped in.

Plus, the seller said he'd refund my money if it came back unslabbed, so I said what the h-ll.

Like the Trout, it was about a fourth of what a cert. auto is going for, so I had to give it a shot.
(08-14-2013, 10:13 AM)SGC300ier Wrote: I'm starting to wonder if any of this authentication crud is legit at all. Take a look at this:

Who knows ... autographs change all the time, especially if he signed that RC like 15, 20 years ago, as compared to a couple of years ago for the Limited ... even look at how much Bryce Harper's auto has changed in just a couple of years.

That's why I'm getting it authenticated ... even though I believe it's legit (or I wouldn't have bought it, LOL), if I ever want to re-sell it I know it'll bring a lot more if it's "authenticated."

Although, that's the funny thing ... PSA flat out rejected the Trout (allegedly they will return the card AND your money if they're not sure, but they went ahead and cashed my check because they were so "positive" it wasn't legit — yeah, right), yet JSA/BGS slabbed it no problem.

Sooooo ... yeah, I don't know. I just know that I probably will never pull a Puig auto on my own, and this was basically my best chance to get an affordable one.

From any Puig auto I've seen, which isn't many, the one you have looks legit.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

If it makes you feel better. He played in Puerto Rico this past winter. I took a risk and got him signed a baseball, since I didn't have anything else. It is the exact same auto as mine including the number. I will try to scan the baseball for your comfort. Literally, it is signed exactly.

Hey I remember seeing that Trout auto on the bay. Awesome it came back authentic. I purchased a Harper ip auto and I did a ton of research and took the gamble and sent it into jsa/bgs and it was authentic to! Puig auto looks good to me also, but Im no pro. Good luck!

(08-14-2013, 10:13 AM)SGC300ier Wrote: I'm starting to wonder if any of this authentication crud is legit at all. Take a look at this:

Ugh I guess thats the thing with signatures, you never know. Personally I always have problems with my checks because my signature is always varying and its not because im old and my handwriting changed. I always need to go in constantly and renew the signature associated with my account, its a pain!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-14-2013, 02:34 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: From any Puig auto I've seen, which isn't many, the one you have looks legit.
Thank you, sir ... I'm hopin' ... LOL
(08-14-2013, 07:55 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: If it makes you feel better. He played in Puerto Rico this past winter. I took a risk and got him signed a baseball, since I didn't have anything else. It is the exact same auto as mine including the number. I will try to scan the baseball for your comfort. Literally, it is signed exactly.
Yeah, that would be awesome ... the seller said he got it at a winter league game and that it is really easy to get autographs, because the players share a parking lot with the fans, LOL

But yes, please, if you have the time I would love to see it. Any "good news" until I actually get the card back is very much appreciated!
(08-14-2013, 09:49 PM)jcanavas Wrote: Hey I remember seeing that Trout auto on the bay. Awesome it came back authentic. I purchased a Harper ip auto and I did a ton of research and took the gamble and sent it into jsa/bgs and it was authentic to! Puig auto looks good to me also, but Im no pro. Good luck!
Congrats to you on the Harper ... would love to see it!

RE: Yasiel Puig IP auto ... what do you guys think? MAJOR UPDATE AT END!
Soooo ... got an email from beckett today saying that my order was received ... pretty sure that means it passed the authentication process at JSA and is just waiting to be slabbed!

(This is what happened with the Trout last time, so looking good so far!)