`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arrived Today

Arrived Today
My son and daughter for their last week long visit this summer and Topps 2013 Inception. My kids finally passed out from exhaustion but I'm too keyed up to sleep. I guess it's time to crack open that box of Inception!

Slight detour - My daughter is 10 and my son is 6. They both love sports and expensive gifts. With my divorce cracking the six figure mark months ago (with months to go), I decided to lighten things up a bit. I asked them if they wanted to make money while playing a game. Of course they said yes! I showed them a 36 card hanging pack of 2011 Topps baseball cards with $2.98 stickers on them and told them that they'd each make as much as $20 from just the cards in those packs. I couldn't believe that they made the four hour car ride without tearing into them. They opened them just before bed and we looked online and in the beckett magazine as well as eBay. It only took half the cards to hit $20. They want to go to the hobby store tomorrow. What have I done???

Okay, on with the break!

Four of the cards were short prints. Of these, only Mike Glennon (x/25) was autographed. Sharp looking cards, though. My second autograph was Robert Woods. The relic was a jumbo relic (solid red) from Steffan Taylor (x/86). The remaining cards:
Justin Blackmon x/199
Doug Martin x/95
Aaron Rogers No Serial Number
Vincent Jackson No Serial Number

Out of seven cards, three were from Tampa Bay. That's very disappointing and a cause of concern. I'm also concerned about long term wear on the cards' dark edges.

Scans will be uploaded shortly.

RE: Arrived Today
Funny, I thought she'd be bigger...

Funny, I thought she'd be bigger... photo IMG_3772_zps61129262.jpg

Just the pack...
Slide on out of your box and come over here. photo IMG_3774_zpscff103ed.jpg

Robert Woods and Justin Blackmon:
 photo InceptionFront4_zps12c60dd1.png

Mike Glennon:
 photo InceptionFront7_zps19cc04a9.png
 photo InceptionBack8_zps9da53310.png
Steffan Taylor:
 photo InceptionFront1_zps0b21c3e2.png
 photo InceptionBack2_zpsad66bb6c.png

They're nice cards and they have the potential to draw premium prices but only if they've selected the right rookies and they fix the distribution problem within a single card pack.

I like that Glennon if your interested in trading for it, Im not a fan of Inception due to chipping but that one looks good
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

if you are trading i too am interested in the glennon and will get in line behind the above poster..
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

I have him up on that big uGly auction site but doubt I'll see any action on him. I guess I should read up on trading etiquette on beckett.com. I've never done any trading here but I have a 14 year history over there so I'm comfortable in my skin, so to speak. I'll review, take to private, follow directions, other assorted n00b activities...

The numbering on the Blackmon tripped me out.

(07-27-2013, 11:42 AM)anotherfallingstar1 Wrote: The numbering on the Blackmon tripped me out.
Yeah man same here... whats up with that?
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Nice hits mAn

Give me a look if youre trading the rodgers
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

(07-27-2013, 11:42 AM)anotherfallingstar1 Wrote: The numbering on the Blackmon tripped me out.
I thought i was the only one that noticed
Photobucket