`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Which one would you choose to do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bidding for 1997-98 Staddium Club Co-Signers CO23 (Keith Van Horn/Karl Malone)
75.00%
6 75.00%
Busting a box of 1997-98 Hoops Series 2 (hobby version)
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one would you choose to do?

Which one would you choose to do?
Hi all, I am pretty stuck in this, and I need you folks to help me pick which to do.
While I definitely can do both, chances are that I will only do one, as I would like to save money for a trip to my hometown Hong Kong next September or October (2014).
I will either bust a box of 1997-98 Hoops Series 2 (hobby version), or bid for 1997-98 Stadium Club Co-Signers CO23 (Keith Van Horn/Karl Malone).

If I go for bidding for the Co-Signers card and win it, I will get a sure thing for my set collection, but I miss the fun of busting a box - I haven't done so since 2004/2005, not to mention that I never bust any box of 90's basketball product myself (was a secondary school student and could only bust a few single packs at that time) and now is the perfect time to do it (my budget finally allows me to do so).

On the other hand, if I choose to bust a box of 1997-98 Hoops Series 2 (hobby version), of course I will miss out on a chance to get the Co-Signers card for set collection and don't know when this card will show up again. Should I go for this choice though, I will enjoy the fun of doing it and have no regrets whether or not I pull something big.

So...if you were me, what would you do?
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

RE: Which one would you choose to do?
I am an absolute glutton for wax. However, lately I have been grabbing singles and have been much happier(shout out to TBarn here). If it were the old me I would say wax. The new me would say the dual PC hit.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I love me some wax ripping but if its a set you are after an this card doesn't show up too often, I say get the card and get wax next time you are out to make a purchase. There will always be something to rip. if not the hoops, then something as good or better.

Always opt for the tight single. You will never look t it and be disappointed. Can you say the same for a pile of 97-98 hoops base an the Antoine Walker insert you might pull??

(Nothing but love for tione but he and little have tainted me for years!!)

Yeah, if it is a card for a set you are chasing I would grab the single. I love busting wax, but I only buy it when I have the cash and their isn't a desirable PC single sitting around for me to grab.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Hands down the Co-Signers card. There are a small number of possible cards you could hit that would even compare to the Co-Signers card, and the best overall odds to hit 1 of them is 1:720 (i.e. 1 in 20 boxes). You might wonder how it's that high of odds, but consider that the following cards:
High Voltage Jordan (set odds are 1:36, with 20 cards in the set, hence 1:720 odds)
Hoops 911 Jordan (set odds are 1:288, with 10 cards in the set, hence 1:2880 odds)
Now you might consider the High Voltage 500 inserts which almost any one of them would make it worth while, but the odds of hitting one is even more astronomical (no odds were given but with a 500 card print run on each I would expect odds to be around 1:7200, or 1 in 200 boxes).
Now consider that the 97-98 CoSigners (series 2, which is what the Malone/Van Horn cards is from) were 1:309 packs and there were 12 cards in the series 2 set, so the overall odds to pull that Malone/Van Horn card is 1:3708 packs. So you would be getting a card with 2 autographs and tougher odds than anything (aside from High Voltage 500) you could get out of the Hoops box. I think it's a no brainer, but maybe that's just my bias as a Karl Malone fan.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Card, easily. I'm a set collector and I know how difficult it is to get some cards. Wax will always be there (maybe not that box, but you know what I mean).
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

get the single enough said
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Have to agree with what has been said here. Go for the single and get the set done! You can always bust wax down the road. The single, that one might not show up for some time.
MJ Collector, Autograph Collector