`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Do you play any sports games on your consoles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Baseball
30.23%
13 30.23%
Basketball
18.60%
8 18.60%
Football
25.58%
11 25.58%
Hockey
9.30%
4 9.30%
Other (Soccer, Golf, etc)
9.30%
4 9.30%
None
6.98%
3 6.98%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: MLB13 The Show - Ramblings/Review
Smile 
OT: MLB13 The Show - Ramblings/Review
So I normally don't pickup sports games, I prefer RPGs. I pick one up every couple of years and alternate between NBA, NFL, and MLB. This go around I decided to pickup MLB 13 The Show for my PS3 and so far I'm enjoying it mostly.

Do you play any sports games on your consoles?

The rest is me rambling / reviewing because I have had fun with it.

Played the Home Run Derby at Best Buy one day a few weeks back. Bautista, Harper, McCutchen, Posey, Cabrera. Got in a groove with Bautista and Cabrera both, hit 15 in a row out of the park at one point.

Picked up the game Friday night. Got home and installed and updated everything. Left all settings at the defaults. Started an exhibition game, Nationals (me) versus Blue Jays (cpu). Pitched a perfect game with Strasburg but was having a hard time hitting so it was like a 2-0 game.

Started a Road To The Show game, power starting pitcher. Drafted into the White Sox organization, starting in Double-A. Second start of the season and I pitched a no hitter, should have been a perfect game but my stupid 2nd baseman made a throwing error in the bottom of the 9th. As the season progressed the manager kept sending me email saying "you're doing great but we don't have a spot to promote you to AAA" - I'm sorry but with the stats I produced I woulda been promoted Smile
  • Starts: 27
  • Wins: 26
  • Losses: 1
  • Complete Games: 24
  • Shutouts: 21
  • ERA: 0.27
  • Strikeouts: 419
  • Walks: 0 (for the entire season)
  • WHIP: 0.35
  • Started the Futures Game
  • Started the Southern League All Star Game
  • Perfect Game last game of the season
But my team lost in the finals of the Southern League playoffs, not my fault, I only pitched one game and we won it. I was promoted to AAA after some salary negotiations. That's where I sit, ready to start my next season. This has been fun, you get to do some training and practice pitching and such. Only real complaint is I have issues with balls hit to first my pitcher freaks out and stops running to cover the bag about half way most of the time. Something to do with camera panning and the analog stick.

Also started a shortstop power hitter Road To The Show, drafted by the Yankees. Only played about 5 games into the AA season so far, but getting better at hitting. Do have 3 grand slams so far though, my guys set the table pretty well lol

RE: OT: MLB13 The Show - Ramblings/Review
Diamond Dynasty is where it's at. You open "packs" of cards of MLB players and then can buy and sell them in the marketplace, or activate them to your roster to use in game. The mode is sponsored by Topps. I'm currently ranked in the top 50 in the world, which is super sad.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(07-22-2013, 09:34 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Diamond Dynasty is where it's at. You open "packs" of cards of MLB players and then can buy and sell them in the marketplace, or activate them to your roster to use in game. The mode is sponsored by Topps. I'm currently ranked in the top 50 in the world, which is super sad.
I haven't looked into that yet - I usually don't play online games and if I do I play them by myself lol When I read the description of Diamond Dynasty I wasn't 100% sure how much I'd interact with others so held off.

Sounds similar to the MLB Dream Nine - I don't remember who posted about that on here a few weeks back but I installed it on my iPhone and have been playing it fairly consistently. Promoted each week, so sitting in League Level 5 right now. Team's ok. I'm level 43. I have not spent any real world money to get players or levels though so I don't feel too bad when a level 78 guy with all 5 star players beats me lol

I also play WoW and Diablo 3 and DC Universe and some others but outside of my tight knit friends I don't interact with anyone else.

My daughter and I play and collect Skylanders as well.

So yeah, I play a lot of games, always have, always will Smile

I don't even have a console to play games. So I voted "none". Someone else voted none also.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

i was ranked in the top 10 online when the game first came out, "hung up the spikes" and havent played in a long time now