`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013

RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013
I'm not personally invested in Braun but if you look at my sig you can see a couple names of PED users/accused/etc.

On one end of the spectrum, I think Bonds had a really good response one time (after he retired) where he said something to the effect of "I was paid to entertain you, were you entertained?"

On the other end of the spectrum I remember reading an ESPN article a few months ago about the Twins minor league organization in the early 90's and how 1 guy made it to the pros out of the 4 that were expected too. He was a user. The others weren't. Those 3 while harboring no ill will towards their friend, did hold a grudge with the concept of "players that use PEDs" because it took their dreams away from them.

So all in all, I'm sort of wishy/washy on the subject. I played the game, love the game, but am not such a purist to think there's never been any wrong doing. I mostly just want PEDs as a story to go away. Either cut em cold turkey and ban everyone and test daily and go hardcore...or simply walk away and let them use whatever they want to use.

There are 2 things that bother me about all of this though:

1. If they truly cared about the pureness of the game, they would have cleaned it up, and still can. But Selig has shown multiple times he cares about the money and trying to compete with the other commishes (my interpretation of events). He has never shown any signs of caring for the players who make his league all the money. The other commishes at least feign caring for their players and careers lol

2. I'm mostly concerned for the kids, not necessarily the ones who collect or watch but don't play because they really aren't at too much risk. But the ones who play and see the stats these guys put up and feel they need an edge to live out their dreams. It doesn't get publicized much but there are a lot of cases of junior high and high school age kids being seriously messed up from the PEDs they've tried.

In the end, I stick with my PC guys through thick and thin though because they are the guys who have entertained me as Bonds stated it. Yes I've taken a lot of flack for some of them being in my PC lol

No matter what we may think, the rules say, "No PEDs." I might not like the speed limit either, but I cannot complain if I get a ticket for knowingly driving too fast.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-22-2013, 06:45 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Someone please tell me what do you want from these guys?

At the end of the day who gives a S@%!

DAMN WE ALL KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING GOOD GOD LET IT GO...
Pay the piper when he blows his flute....don't lie about it. That's the killer in the Braun situation. I still love Carlos Ruiz though he got caught taking a banned substance (it was for his ADD). He appeared to be honest, said it was a mistake, apologized and served his suspension. Cool....lets move on. ( now where the hell did all your power go Carlos...LOL)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-22-2013, 07:01 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Man i dont care i really dont. I just think us fans and the media/ social media are way to hard on these guys.

What need to do as a world and a society is fix the real problems in the world get the Zimmerman's, the Casey Anthony's, and the Aaron Hernandez off the streets. Then worry about HGH and steriod in baseball or in any other sport.
I actually agree on this point, to a degree ... I mean, I've been to probably two or three dozen A's games over the years, and other than seeing a Rickey Henderson leadoff HR on Father's Day with my dad and brother, I couldn't really tell you a single detail about a single game I've been to ... I just know I've enjoyed them all.

So to that point, it's just entertainment, and I'm not a big enough baseball fan to worry about the historical consequences/relevance or whatever.

But still, man, when you're caught, you're caught, just say "yep, I did it" and everyone can just move on.

And i quote I would bet my life that none of these substances have ever entered my body.
I am so tired of these guys just make it a life time ban for getting caught period.

My opinion if anyone cares
Selig is a butthole and should just do 3 things to clear this up
1) the past is done and over with .... What happened before today doesn't count against you. In effect, a do over!
2) the future is here and the rules have changed ... If you are caught using substances on the following specific list, you are banned from baseball, no salary, no pension, no health insurance, pay a hefty fine and go find employment in the real world. The list of banned substances subject to change as necessary.
3) mandatory testing begins today and every day for the rest of your career. Like it or leave!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-22-2013, 10:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My opinion if anyone cares
Selig is a butthole and should just do 3 things to clear this up
1) the past is done and over with .... What happened before today doesn't count against you. In effect, a do over!
2) the future is here and the rules have changed ... If you are caught using substances on the following specific list, you are banned from baseball, no salary, no pension, no health insurance, pay a hefty fine and go find employment in the real world. The list of banned substances subject to change as necessary.
3) mandatory testing begins today and every day for the rest of your career. Like it or leave!
Amen, 100 percent ... problem is, the union would never go for it.

I too am all for a "one and done" lifetime ban ... I mean, Braun misses 65 games, comes back and plays on Opening Day next year?

Not a real big punishment.

(07-22-2013, 07:01 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Man i dont care i really dont. I just think us fans and the media/ social media are way to hard on these guys.

What need to do as a world and a society is fix the real problems in the world get the Zimmerman's, the Casey Anthony's, and the Aaron Hernandez off the streets. Then worry about HGH and steriod in baseball or in any other sport.
w0rd!!

What is up with Florida?
This clinic was based out of Florida. Seems Im going to have to agree with John Oliver's annalist on the Daily Show about Florida after the verdict.
"...Florida should now change its name from The Sunshine State to The Worst State."

(07-22-2013, 06:45 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Someone please tell me what do you want from these guys?

At the end of the day who gives a S@%!

DAMN WE ALL KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING GOOD GOD LET IT GO...
I think everyone should give a sh!t. What are these guys teaching all of the kids that are growing up idol using them? Wanting to be just like them? They are showing them that its ok to cheat, to use drugs, to lie, and to be an all around scumbag.

That's how all of this started, a couple vets in the clubhouse start taking it and pretty soon all of the young guys are doing it to.

If I owned the Brewers or the Yankees or any other team that has one of these POS players I would try my hardest to sue them for all of the millions of dollars they have been paid for stats that were actually lies.

I also love the fact that Braun didn't even try to fight it this time, this opens the door for some monster suspensions/bans on some of the other scumbags.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Remember Aaron Rodgers' tweet from Feb. 2012, offering his year's salary if Ryan Braun is proven guilty?

i want my money, mr rodgers