`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does everyone organize their cards?

How does everyone organize their cards?
So I have been thinking about doing some reorganizing of my cards at the house. I am curious as to how a lot of you organize them at your house.

IE: By Auto & year
Insert by $ value
Rookies by value or year
or just by set year etc.

Give me some of the ways that all of you do it.

Thanks, John
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

RE: How does everyone organize their cards?
500 count boxes for all non-PC players, Autos and GU. All my PC players are in binders and all the Autos and GU in top loaders in a a 3200 count box. All boxes and binders are sorted by year and issue similar to the order that Beckett lists them.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

By year, by series, in numeric order. Base then Insert then Paralles. Auto's & Relics in a seperate box...no rhythme or reason plus it takes about 30 seconds to go through as I have so few.

Working on org. my PC Phillies...1950's & 1960's stuff in binders by year by maker & numeric.....70's to present in boxes...approx. 20 cards per team bag, by year.....however years are all mixed up as I have just been baggin em and getting them out of my wife's way...LOL. Hope to have everything in order by Sept.
(use ORG to know what I have).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Binders...set order. PC binders, top load, one touch depending on value. Trade is in boxes. Unsorted....is everywhere.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Organize? What is that?
[Image: unorganized.jpg]
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

For the most part I separate them by sport (I collect multiple sports) and then player. Most of my 90's inserts and all of my GU or Autos are in top loaders and 2 row boxes. Most of my lower end base or cards to sort are in monster boxes.. After that, I've got binders of misc stuff and BGS cases for a good portion of my mid-high end pc.

(07-21-2013, 10:51 PM)odditycards Wrote: Organize? What is that?
Sounds exactly like me, tons of stuff & maybe 50% in order. Too many years of impulse buying inconsistent years of packs, rack packs, cello's etc... always were placed in the 1st readily available box of other years, sports & mixed in. It took 4 years to realize I have a Pujols R/C that was mixed in with all the others.
Prior to all the inserts it was easier to organize, now with for example the 2011 Bowman I started sorting recently, there's base, BCP, BP, Topps 100 & many more. I felt it was easier to label a few boxes "2011 Bowman" toss them in & easily sort one day lol.
I guess whatever is the simplest way for each individual collector is how it should be. My boxes are marked by letter, whatever is in box "A" is also listed in my org as 2011 Bowman refractors A, Triple Relics A etc... this way I know which box I need to find the card. As far as a Pujols r/c, that goes in a different box & also penny sleeved/top loader or case.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I have replied to this before with pics..but had a sump pump flood...no cards were harmed, but it is going to force me to reorganize once again..
So..I have PC Giants from 1958-2013 in binders with binder covers to stop page slouching..
[Image: bindershelf.jpg]
[Image: binder1.jpg]
Then, the star cards that are top loaded and on Beckett for trade ($$ cards of $3 or more) are in individual plastic drawers by year and by player [Image: plasticboxes1.jpg]
And the cards that are $1 and commons are listed by year and manufacturer..mostly common inserts and parallels..in large plastic drawers, in plastic cases [Image: room2.jpg]
The other players and RCs are in monster boxes by manufacturer and year..these are top loaded cards of some value..like Jersey cards of Adam Dunn etc [Image: room1.jpg]

But after the water damage...I will be reorganizing..
Here are some pics of the area now
[Image: photo3_zpsea4c99ea.jpg][Image: photo_zpsf3f30129.jpg][Image: photo2_zps28f157c3.jpg]
Going to take a month of more for new flooring and pain etc..

The most organized collector on the planet.

(07-22-2013, 06:29 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have replied to this before with pics..but had a sump pump flood...no cards were harmed, but it is going to force me to reorganize once again..
So..I have PC Giants from 1958-2013 in binders with binder covers to stop page slouching..
[Image: bindershelf.jpg]
[Image: binder1.jpg]
Then, the star cards that are top loaded and on Beckett for trade ($$ cards of $3 or more) are in individual plastic drawers by year and by player [Image: plasticboxes1.jpg]
And the cards that are $1 and commons are listed by year and manufacturer..mostly common inserts and parallels..in large plastic drawers, in plastic cases [Image: room2.jpg]
The other players and RCs are in monster boxes by manufacturer and year..these are top loaded cards of some value..like Jersey cards of Adam Dunn etc [Image: room1.jpg]

But after the water damage...I will be reorganizing..
Here are some pics of the area now
[Image: photo3_zpsea4c99ea.jpg][Image: photo_zpsf3f30129.jpg][Image: photo2_zps28f157c3.jpg]
Going to take a month of more for new flooring and pain etc..
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

All of my Yankees get separated out and put in binders; some of them have their own binders, but most are all lumped together alphabetically. All other cards are organized in binders by set and by numerical order within the set. If I have a set in the original box, they stay in the original box.