3. Grubb
4. johnny Grubb
5. 1986
6. 1986 topps
7. 1986 Topps #243
8. #243 Johnny
9. #243 Johnny Grubb

you must use the number symbol to find the card number

MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE A SPACE AT THE END OF BEGINNING OF YOUR SEARCH STRING. YOU WILL GET NO RESULTS

methods for searching
method 1 (this only works inside a specific collection, not in "all items"): search generally (which is now sortable). so if im looking for a 1986 topps george brett, and i search for george brett, i can sort, and the 1986's are right there

method 2: do a general search, then use ctrl F to use a different search term. works best when your general search yields less than 500 results

method 3: search the opg for the card, do a cut and paste of the exact card description, paste in org (make sure you dont copy a space before or after when you cut)

the two ways i search the easiest, and have success
1. card number, full player name (remember to use the number symbol first)

2. year, then company, insert if necessary

im not saying any of there are great options, im saying that these are the current workarounds. you can still find stuff in org

also, there is a bug that pops up once in a while
when you try to add a card to a collection from within org, sometimes you get a pink message bar at the top that will say something to the effect of "you cannot add something that isnt in your collection". re-search the card using different variable, or refresh your org (refreshing, of course, takes longer because itn has to refresh all the data)