`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did that 'bay feature start?

When did that 'bay feature start?
Just noticed that any "Buy it Now" auction now tells the buyer how many people are watching it.
Pressuring people to make the purchase I assume.

RE: When did that 'bay feature start?
been that way for a while now (auctions too)

just recently, they added a "x bidders have watched this item in the past 24 hours"

(07-21-2013, 05:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: been that way for a while now (auctions too)

just recently, they added a "x bidders have watched this item in the past 24 hours"
Yea, in the last 3 months Ive been doing most my stuff off my phone due to my move into a house. Just got internet last week.

Looks like they are just pressuring buyers into paying full price on Buy it Now. JMO

(07-21-2013, 05:29 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Just noticed that any "Buy it Now" auction now tells the buyer how many people are watching it.
Pressuring people to make the purchase I assume.
I tend to think most if not all of the watchers are people that have the same item when it's a BIN. If someone is interested as a buyer there's no point watching something that could be bought at any given time, plus you can save the link & not click "watch item". I haven't list much in the way of cards but plenty of other items & have used the BIN feature much more than auction style but do allow the best offer option.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Sometimes ill watch things just to see what the price goes too
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(07-21-2013, 07:58 PM)Blury1 Wrote: Sometimes ill watch things just to see what the price goes too
Same here, but I got bit on that by trying to see how low the guy could go.
Had an auto card I wanted that ended around $130 before.
He had it listed for that but every DAY the price went a dollar till it was down to $100 and 1 day to go. I was seeing if he would go lower, but someone jumped on it.

I watch items I've bought in the past to see if I got a good deal or not. Most of the time I forget I put an item I actually want to buy in the watch list, so I never bid lol
Although, there was one item that I was looking at (the picture on the left side of my sig) and I was going to make an offer, but it told me there were already a few offers the seller hadn't responded to yet, so I snagged it at the full price to make sure I got it.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(07-21-2013, 07:40 PM)krn001 Wrote: I tend to think most if not all of the watchers are people that have the same item when it's a BIN. If someone is interested as a buyer there's no point watching something that could be bought at any given time, plus you can save the link & not click "watch item". I haven't list much in the way of cards but plenty of other items & have used the BIN feature much more than auction style but do allow the best offer option.
I add a lot of cards to my watch list including plenty of BIN auctions. One reason I like the watch list is it follows my ebay account, so I can see it from my desktop, laptop, cell phone, work, tablet etc. There are plenty of BIN auctions I watch, usually because the seller is asking more than I want to pay (and either doesn't have best offer or already turned my offer down). I watch them to see if they ever sell or if the seller ever lowers his asking price. There have been plenty that after watching for 3 months (with multiple relistings) the seller finally relists with a more reasonable asking price (or puts the card "on sale" with a discounted asking price) and I buy it right away.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/