`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unable to empty my trash.
07-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Unable to empty my trash.
During one of these wonderful updates, five phantom cards somehow got stuck in my trash can. They don't show up when I go to the folder, but when it's empty, the count always says five. This wasn't a problem until the most recent update when the "permanently delete selected" button was removed. Now when I hit "empty trash" I get a message that says, "you can only delete items that are part of your collection." So I cannot delete anything at all in my trash can. Please help resolve this issue.

Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Unable to empty my trash.
okay, im just asking: when you go to trash, there's nothing in there, right? yet, the number on the outside says 5

but if there isnt anything in there...does it matter?

the number on other folders can be important (thought the stats inside are always correct), but is it really an issue if the trash folder has an incorrect number?

im just asking here

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
07-21-2013, 04:41 PM
(07-21-2013 03:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  okay, im just asking: when you go to trash, there's nothing in there, right? yet, the number on the outside says 5

but if there isnt anything in there...does it matter?

the number on other folders can be important (thought the stats inside are always correct), but is it really an issue if the trash folder has an incorrect number?

im just asking here

It is, of course important when one considers the monumental complexity of the structure of this program. I am finding a good number of "unimportant" subtleties, since the latest update, which belie a general sense of distrust with me about the general accuracy of my inventory entered. If we are to absolutely rely on Becketts superior service, these issues must not, and cannot be "overlooked". What is the point of using a service touted as the "most reliable and relied upon" if there is any shadow of doubt of its accuracy, on all levels. This site is by far the best I am aware of for serious collectors and casual hobbyists as well, and I am certain all it would take is an uncompromising dedication to consistent detail by the developers and programmers to push it into unchallenged status. Just saying.
07-21-2013, 04:48 PM
but the stats inside the collections ARE correct. the numbers in parenthesis in the left column in org might be wrong, and that be problematic from a cursory glance issue, but specifically with the trash folder...why would it matter either way?

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
07-21-2013, 05:05 PM
(07-21-2013 04:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  but the stats inside the collections ARE correct. the numbers in parenthesis in the left column in org might be wrong, and that be problematic from a cursory glance issue, but specifically with the trash folder...why would it matter either way?

Your stance is valid, my friend, to a point. What 'matters' to one collector, another couldn't care less. My point is, after spending a great deal of time and amassing a huge number of items in an inventory, it is fair to assume that one would want to be comforted in the knowledge that ALL facets of his efforts are giving a CLEAR reflection of accuracy. Eventually, I will have about a half million items in my inventory. I don't know about anyone else, but I will definitely have to rely on what is listed here instead of my memory, and my hope is that it is what it IS. If there is a discrepancy in something as basic as the trash, what assurance do we have that everything else is copacetic?
07-21-2013, 05:25 PM
what we are talking about a tertiary number, however. my stats inside the collection have always been correct. and while i agree that it should work, and that everyone uses it differently (i, of all people, know that), i think that it isnt symptomatic of larger issues with collection stats

they have a lot of issues to work after the "fix" (getting search right in org should be #1). i just think the trash number wouldnt be that important in any case (because it's necessarily a folder that you are getting rid of). it certainly tweeks my ocd, however

07-21-2013, 05:51 PM
(07-21-2013 05:25 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  what we are talking about a tertiary number, however. my stats inside the collection have always been correct. and while i agree that it should work, and that everyone uses it differently (i, of all people, know that), i think that it isnt symptomatic of larger issues with collection stats

they have a lot of issues to work after the "fix" (getting search right in org should be #1). i just think the trash number wouldnt be that important in any case (because it's necessarily a folder that you are getting rid of). it certainly tweeks my ocd, however

Glad to know I'm not the only one gettin' my ocd tweeked. All things considered, we are lucky to have this option available to us, even with the occasional bumps. There's nothing like it anywhere else, to be sure. Hey, it ain't like my cards are going anywhere anytime soon...
07-21-2013, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 09:24 PM by foleylion08.)
No, the problem now, Jacoby, is that I cannot delete anything. The 5 phantom cards that are/are not in there are considered "not a part of my collection". So when I go to empty my trash, I get this error:
[Image: becketterrorjpeg_zpse930116c.png]

There are currently 29 items in my trash, the number in parentheses next to the folder says 34, because, of course, it is always 5 higher than the actual number due to this error. My concern is that I can't permanently delete anything at all. I don't want my trash folder to end up containing hundreds and hundreds of cards.
P.S. when I get this error message, all of the items remain in my trash folder. Failed to mention that.

07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
I'll get this to the developers and we'll get it fixed for you.

-Traci

Auction Manager - Beckett Auction Services
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks

(07-22-2013 10:22 AM)tkaplan Wrote:  I'll get this to the developers and we'll get it fixed for you.

-Traci