`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
well THAT was an unpleasent outage (but a couple of huge fixes)

RE: well THAT was an unpleasent outage (but a couple of huge fixes)
(07-21-2013, 06:51 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: Everything on my end seems ok. Trading seems about same speed. My org seems to be workin ok also by the search
about 10% of the time something can be found in my org via search

(07-21-2013, 06:49 PM)rentzington Wrote: had nothing but issues finding things in my org since the update...this stinks
searching isnt working correctly, but here is what i found works:

f i want to find:
1986 Topps #243 Johnny Grubb

i get the correct results if i search for:
1. 1986 Topps #243 Johnny Grubb
3. Grubb
4. johnny Grubb
5. 1986
6. 1986 topps
7. 1986 Topps #243
8. #243 Johnny
9. #243 Johnny Grubb

you must use the number symbol to find the card number

MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE A SPACE AT THE END OF BEGINNING OF YOUR SEARCH STRING. YOU WILL GET NO RESULTS

methods for searching
method 1 (this only works inside a specific collection, not in "all items"): search generally (which is now sortable). so if im looking for a 1986 topps george brett, and i search for george brett, i can sort, and the 1986's are right there

method 2: do a general search, then use ctrl F to use a different search term. works best when your general search yields less than 500 results

method 3: search the opg for the card, do a cut and paste of the exact card description, paste in org

the two ways i search the easiest, and have success
1. card number, full player name (remember to use the number symbol first)

2. year, then company, insert if necessary

im not saying any of there are great options, im saying that these are the current workarounds. you can still find stuff in org

(07-21-2013, 07:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: searching isnt working correctly, but here is what i found works:

f i want to find:
1986 Topps #243 Johnny Grubb

i get the correct results if i search for:
1. 1986 Topps #243 Johnny Grubb
3. Grubb
4. johnny Grubb
5. 1986
6. 1986 topps
7. 1986 Topps #243
8. #243 Johnny
9. #243 Johnny Grubb

you must use the number symbol to find the card number

MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE A SPACE AT THE END OF BEGINNING OF YOUR SEARCH STRING. YOU WILL GET NO RESULTS

methods for searching
method 1 (this only works inside a specific collection, not in "all items"): search generally (which is now sortable). so if im looking for a 1986 topps george brett, and i search for george brett, i can sort, and the 1986's are right there

method 2: do a general search, then use ctrl F to use a different search term. works best when your general search yields less than 500 results

method 3: search the opg for the card, do a cut and paste of the exact card description, paste in org

the two ways i search the easiest, and have success
1. card number, full player name (remember to use the number symbol first)

2. year, then company, insert if necessary

im not saying any of there are great options, im saying that these are the current workarounds. you can still find stuff in org
Makes it a little tougher but hey Ill try
I was about to complain about the search in my organize as well. It was going to make it really tuff to reorganize my collection.
I tried didnt work for me
Sad
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I reallllly wish there was a way to default when entering quantities. It gets annoying to have to type 1 in every time I enter a card as I pull it. It's still easier to go back to my org, select all and "Fill" the quantity as 1.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]