Organizing

Organizing
Currently in a quandry.

I have the following:

Hall Of Fame binders
Yankees Team binder
Braves team binder
A binder of players I watched growing up that don't fit into any of the
above categories (Will Clark, Eric Davis, McGwire, etc...)

I am thinking of scapping that idea and going with straight team binders.

Or is that dumb? Should I just go with players alphabetically?

My football cards are all separated by team, it works well, but I don't feel that's right for my baseball cards, for whatever reason.

Incidentally, all cards $5 are in top loaders, alphabetically by player, in order chronologically.

RE: Organizing
are we talking for PC or for trading
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I keep all my pc in toplaoders then again I only have 2 people in my pC lol. As for trading if its like 4-5.00 and up it goes in a top loader.

I suppose if your always looking at your pc cards a binder be cool idea. But if you do binders I would make a binder for each person

I put $5 and up cards in toploads. I put all my player collections in binders by position except for Cole Hamels and Chase Utley who get their own binders because I have so many of them. Unknown Rookies, inserts of lesser players, and my Phillies "scrubs" each get their own monster box sorted by year. All my other commons are sorted by teams in 400 ct boxes.

my pc guys are in their own boxes seperated by year using dividers and in top loaders and one touch cases, except for my new started pc guy there are less then 300 of his cards so they are started in a binder until i get more, then the other cards are all in mosnter (5000 ct) boxes started seperating by payer with dividers

I tried working on the lists for each team. I did it by players who played 10+ years with a team and/or had their # retired and other factors and I got through the AL East and had a list of 104 players. That's ridiculous, I will be buried in cards.

I am thinking about just boxing everything up and forgetting about the hobby.

I can't afford to buy boxes (wife won't allow it), therefore I have no decent trade bait. eBay is a joke these days.

Done.

(07-19-2013, 10:11 AM)carolinahuey Wrote: I tried working on the lists for each team. I did it by players who played 10+ years with a team and/or had their # retired and other factors and I got through the AL East and had a list of 104 players. That's ridiculous, I will be buried in cards.

I am thinking about just boxing everything up and forgetting about the hobby.

I can't afford to buy boxes (wife won't allow it), therefore I have no decent trade bait. eBay is a joke these days.

Done.
I hear you. I am also sick of the hobby. I am wrapping up one more trade this weekend and putting the cards away for awhile. Don't know about you, but I usually take a break and come back again.
[Image: godfather_zps2c5bd045.jpg]