`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
so if you agreed to a trade over a month ago and...

so if you agreed to a trade over a month ago and...
They shipped you 3 of your 4 cards with a note in the envelope saying "sorry, couldn't find the other card. You can pick something else if you'd like and I will ship it in a PWE" and all of the other 3 cards were damaged and not in penny sleeves, just top loaders. And then after all that, they found the 4th card the day that you wrote them asking what that was all about and said they would ship it right away, and then 3 weeks later they still have not even shipped out the card...what would you do? I got mad and was called a troll because of me sending messages asking when the card was sent, and because I got mad it isn't here yet. Am I wrong to think that a responsible adult should have never done this to begin with? I mean, seriously, who ships out 3/4 of a trade with a note saying how they couldn't find the 4th...when they could have just sent a message letting the person know.
Instead I get a message that says, and I quote "Your just a 20 year old girl who has nothing better to do than troll people. It downright pisses me off"

I will not name names, but if they'd like to out themselves I think it would be a wise decision. I would love an explanation. They know exactly who they are, and I know they are on the forums
[Image: XJcvVBi.png]
Sig courtesy of Jbel!
147-Star/HOF RCs and counting
4/7 - 2000 yard rushers RCs

RE: so if you agreed to a trade over a month ago and...
I'd give them negative feedback that states the actual issue and not something generic like "BAD TRADER! AVOID!" and dime them out on the boards so that other people are aware of the person/situation and can then proceed however they want with the person in the future. Keeping others informed in the world of trading helps the trading community. Additionally, report the person to the mods and include the PM exchanges.

First off, they should have contacted you about the supposed fact that they could not find the other card. Putting a note in there so you find out when you get the package is just flat out asinine. And if the person is definitely active on the boards such as you say, they definitely know better and should be held accountable for their actions. I personally consider it to be more pathetic when it's a "vet" of the site doing things like this.

Second, you have a right to send him messages asking when you're getting your card. Granted, I don't know what you said to him in the PMs but if he's starting to insult you simply because you're inquiring about the item that you're supposed to have anyway as he agreed to send it to you, that's him trying to get you to back off and likely hope you go away, along with the issue.

Third, you would think an adult would act in the proper manner when it comes to something as simple as a trading card. Unfortunately, there are people in this hobby who have a warped sense of reality as well as those who have an insane sense of entitlement..........over trading cards.

I think the damaged cards received would be enough to PM and then neg feedback and report to MODS, the missing card and PWE comment warrants action as well..
Go to MODS, include all corresponding comments and let us know who is doing this...

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1525132.html

damaged cards? contact mods

That sucks that someone would act that way. You would be doing everyone here a favor by outing them. Imagine how pissed you would be if you weren't tipped off on a bad trader and got taken when it could have been avoided. PM coming your way

not right on the other traders end calling u that. u have a right to know where ur cards are at.
also i agree with the other guys above. contact a mod and tell them the situation. also send them the conversation that u had with them. and the cards should have been in a penny sleeve and then in the holder with a piece of tape on top. hope this helps. thanks

I agree with everything that has been said except the tape part. Sometimes the tape can do more harm than good.

But everything else that has been said up til now is solid!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(07-18-2013, 03:44 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I agree with everything that has been said except the tape part. Sometimes the tape can do more harm than good.

But everything else that has been said up til now is solid!!
I use the sticky part of a post it note to cover the top of a top loader. I have also seen blue painters tape used. Both of them have low-level sticky adhesive so they don't damage cards and won't leave residue either.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Go ahead and out the guy.

He deserves it.

More importantly, I don't want cards without penny sleeves, missing cards or PWEs anywhere near any trades I make.

Also, for the one millionth time ... cut this out and put it on your refrigerator:

1) Penny sleeve
2) Top loader
3) Piece of MASKING tape over top of toploader
4) Two decoy cards inside team bag, one on either side of toploader
5) Seal team bag
6) For good measure, one more piece of MASKING tape vertically around team bag
7) Bubble mailer ... WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!
8) Mail every trade for the rest of your life this way.

I have over 500 eBay sales and around 150 trades on here, and I have NEVER had anything but compliments on my packaging and the condition of the cards.

(Also, don't be an a-- hat and sell/trade damaged cards in the first place!)

Confirm they got your cards & then go to the address you sent m to & ask them Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards