`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
so if you agreed to a trade over a month ago and...

RE: so if you agreed to a trade over a month ago and...
Sorry about your issue. Please contact the mods as stated above. Hopefully there is satisfactory resolution to your issue. Please let us know who it is if it doesn't work out.....I would rather not trade with someone who acts like that.

Also....+1 on not using scotch tape/ packing tape. It ruins the loaders and cases cards are sent in.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Come on that sucks big time!
I would be beyond pissed!
[Image: OKimtze.png]

I'd be highly pissed off and they would have been outed already

as for tape on toploaders I think that is poor form. card in pennysleeve. pennysleepve in toploader. tightly wrap a piece of paper around the toploader and put the tape on the paper (sticking it to itself), before sandwiching the card between two layers of cardboard or two junk toploades/fillers

drop in bubblemailer along with a few sticks of 1991 topps bubblegum

everyone is happy.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-18-2013, 07:51 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I'd be highly pissed off and they would have been outed already

as for tape on toploaders I think that is poor form. card in pennysleeve. pennysleepve in toploader. tightly wrap a piece of paper around the toploader and put the tape on the paper (sticking it to itself), before sandwiching the card between two layers of cardboard or two junk toploades/fillers

drop in bubblemailer along with a few sticks of 1991 topps bubblegum

everyone is happy.
If quality masking tape is used then everything is fine. Its when Scotch tape is used that its a problem. I just got a sweet auto on the bay and Scotch tape city!

(07-18-2013, 09:23 PM)minitracer Wrote: If quality masking tape is used then everything is fine. Its when Scotch tape is used that its a problem. I just got a sweet auto on the bay and Scotch tape city!
I will say this ... I prefer any kind of tape to no tape or team bag at all ... I won a nice Mike Zunino jersey/auto off the bay, got it today in nothing but a penny sleeve and top loader ... of course, the top left corner was thrashed, and it didn't look that way in the picture, so now we have ... a situation.

(07-18-2013, 09:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I will say this ... I prefer any kind of tape to no tape or team bag at all ... I won a nice Mike Zunino jersey/auto off the bay, got it today in nothing but a penny sleeve and top loader ... of course, the top left corner was thrashed, and it didn't look that way in the picture, so now we have ... a situation.
That sucks RJ!

(07-18-2013, 09:39 PM)minitracer Wrote: That sucks RJ!
It's all good, man ... I'm actually going to see if I can get a partial refund ... I got it pretty cheap to begin with, so if I can avoid the hassle of filing a claim or sending it back I'd rather just hang on to it.

But yeah, VERY annoying.

I really wasnt going to out them, but after rereading our conversation, I think I have to. It is The_Baseball_Fan. His profile says he is a 40+ year old collector, but I am 100% positive that he is a kid. From his grammer, to the way he has acted during this, to the way he responds to people and conducts himself on the boards it just screams minor. I would suggest keeping away. I noticed he wrote a thread about his mother being in the hospital so that is why he has been unresponsive lately and wanted to apologize to me for it, but I do not buy it. He wrote that not long after I told him I was already outing him to people. Im pretty sure it was to try and cover his tracks. If she was really truely in the hospital than I am sorry and hope she is ok, but that is no excuse for me not having my cards. Our trade was accepted on June 17th. If you had shipped them all when you were supposed to, that would not prevent me from having my cards by now
[Image: XJcvVBi.png]
Sig courtesy of Jbel!
147-Star/HOF RCs and counting
4/7 - 2000 yard rushers RCs

Especially when he was still making threads two weeks after the date the trade was agreed upon. Add on top of that the way the cards were sent with the little note. Was the mailing address actually in PA as he says in his profile that's where he's from or was it somewhere else? I believe Shezdoni mentioned something one time about him posting his age as around 15 which would line up with what your thinking is.

Guy sounds almost like another CARDS101.

I hope it all works out for you..
As far as tape on top loaders.
I do this..so far so good.
Penny sleeve, top loader, team bag...THEN seal the team bag top with tape..squeezing the top of the top loader so the cards can not move upward..then cardboard (from old boxes cut to the size of top loaders), then padded envelope (used ones are good if the bubbles are not popped) Paypal shipping with DC..
If multiple common cards..plastic case with penny sleeve over the cards on top with styro peanut placed so cards can not move and then tape the plastic box on 4 sides with the tape of top rolled on itself for easy removal..like a pull tab..
Over 3900 sales on eBay and 1059 trades on here..no problems with shipping as of yet..
I find a little extra care in shipping and even a little extra cost..pays off big time in the headache department!!!