`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best break for your buck

Best break for your buck
I'm just getting back into collecting, haven't bought anything since 2005. What's the best bang for the buck hobby box right now, from the last couple years?

I typically liked collecting rookies, but hitting some autos, die cuts and refractors might be fun too. I'd like to be able to sell the hot cards but still have some to hang on to and maybe build some sets or teams.

RE: Best break for your buck
i personally like Bowman. in fact, Platinum. lots of rookies in there as well as the veterans. u also get diff color cards. and, u get 3 autos per box for almost 100 a box. not bad if u ask me. thanks

(07-16-2013, 01:02 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: i personally like Bowman. in fact, Platinum. lots of rookies in there as well as the veterans. u also get diff color cards. and, u get 3 autos per box for almost 100 a box. not bad if u ask me. thanks
Thanks, those look pretty cool. Are the regular bowman boxes any good? I'm not sure I want to spend 100+ on a box.

Definitely, any Bowman product is good IMO.

It depends on how you perceive "Bang for your buck". Bowman offers the most lasting enjoyment IMO. You get to know some highly touted and some obscure prospects. Whenever I hear a new player's name that I recognize, I open up my Bowman binders until I can find his card, which is always fun for me.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I think that Allen & Ginter is a great bang for the buck. Three hits per box and the cards always look great.

A&G is an awesome break, lots of variety and the mini's get gobbled up faster than bird feed Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

If you want to be able to "sell the hot cards" buy a brand new product and list any big hits right away on ebay instead of buying something a few years old. The initial rip and flip is when cards sell for the most typically.

A&G, like others have mentioned, might be a good one to try out when that releases next month.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]