`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your best pull or pull story?

What is your best pull or pull story?
The most valuable BV card I own happens to be the best pull of my collecting adventure. Way back in 2001, I went to the LCS in Burke, Virginia. I only went in this place this one day even though it was a mere 4 miles from where I lived. My wife was at a doctor's appointment and I needed to kill some time so I wandered in to see what he had about the store. He had these unopened older packs sitting in a bulk bin $1.00 a pack. I went through them and he had about 10 or so 1997 Leaf packs. I didn't buy any Leaf that year so I thought "why not?" I took the packs home not expecting very much. In the third pack I pulled the thickest card I had ever seen. It was a Frank Thomas Bat card.

What is your best pull/pull story?
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

RE: What is your best pull or pull story?
Great story! I'd have to say mine is when I pulled the Bowman Golden Contract this year from a box of Bowman. Still waiting on my signed ball.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

We don't have any LCS here or anyone that sold retail until Walmart came in about 12 years ago so I had to order all my boxes in. Don't do that anymore, but the last two orders I placed was for upper deck epic 1 box which I pulled a Joe DiMaggio pinstripe jersey from and still have. The second being 2 boxes of 09 sweet spot I pulled a jeter ball auto /175 from the second box. Stupidly traded it and have yet to get another. Argh
no org, please do not send trade requests

I pulled a 2011 Topps Canary Diamond 1/1 Babe Ruth which I quickly sold for $1000

In January 2012 I took my grandfather to a card show in Arlington, TX. I bought a box of 2011 A&G for a great price. I was too anxious to wait until I got home to open it. Halfway through the box I started screaming when I pulled the Geronimo DNA hair card. By far the best card I have ever pulled.

I've got 2

1) Back when I first started collecting (03ish I believe, I was a lil boy then lol!) We just got a walmart. They had a clearance 24 pack box of MVP. I got it to open while we were driving to florida and pulled what was at the time the coolest, and most expensive card in my collection...a triple base card of Barry Bonds/Mark McGwire/Mike Piazza...it was 100 at the time...now its like a 1/4 that lol

2) 2 years ago I picked up a box of 11 A&G to bust with my then GF to try and get her into the hobby. She found my reaction to cards...adorable (idk why lol should have probably kept her around lol), But she hates baseball lol. We start opening and the boxtopper pack is an Adrian Gonzalez auto /15. That got me excited...we opened the rest and the hits in the pack were only so so...I get my 3 hits I'm supposed to get, nothing too exciting. We go to split the last pack together and I see there's an extra hit in there (just in case the box topper auto wasn't enough extra)...it was a Rick Porcello printing plate! I was freaking out as it was my first major baseball PC hit! ....she didn't get it lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

When I got back into collecting two years ago I had no clue about all the autos and relic cards so I was at Walmart and bought a random pack of topps heritage and I pulled a real one auto of brooks Robinson needless to say that's all I needed to get bit by the bug
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

mine was about a month ago (i've only been collecting for a year now). but i pulled a Museum Framed Gold Miguel Cabrera. i "almost" jumped for joy in my LCS. owners eyes got all glazzy and wanted to buy it then and there.

i took it home and held it for the rest of the night. Big Grin
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

My two biggest pulls have come out of blisters believe it or not. First one came from 2012 Archives, I scored the Bryce Harper SSP and was going to keep it for my set until I found out how much they sell for.

Second one was a Sandy Koufax Throwback relic autograph /25. This card was in a purple refractor hotbox that also had the Trout purple in it. Not bad for 20 bucks.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I've had quite a few but my most fondest memory of a pull was being at the batting cages in 1991 with my little league team and buying one pack of UD baseball for around $2 and pulling the Michael Jordan SP1 card. I was a huge Jordan fan, had a bunch of his basketball cards, so I was ecstatic, but then someone offered me $100 for it a few days later, so I sold it. Not a bad ROI for a 11 year old.