`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Football talk time! Give me your bold rookie predictions.

RE: Football talk time! Give me your bold rookie predictions.
(07-16-2013, 08:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I don't know, he started every game for four years until the shoulder thing at the end of his senior season. Pretty tough guy.

I mean, he's no Eric Zeier, Quincy Carter or David Greene, but ... (drops mic) LOL

Sure he will. Kelly knows what he's doing. He'll have Vick and Foles split reps in the preseason, then Jacksonville or Cleveland will panic right before Week 1 and trade for Foles to "compete with" (i.e. take the job from) Gabbert, Henne or Weeden.

Because Vick is the vet, he will start the season as the starter. Then in Week 4 he'll throw like four picks, then in Week 5 he'll break his ribs doing some end zone dive.

Which leaves ... "The Future" ... Matt Barkley.
oh.. ok
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

He's no Matt Stafford either...

But - I'll cheer him on for your sake.

Oh - big surprises?
TK gets 700 yards receiving and 7 TDs for Denver.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(07-16-2013, 08:40 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: oh.. ok
It's mostly a combination of wishful thinking and process of elimination, my good man.

And besides ... Manuel will beat out Kolb by Week 6, you've got nothing to worry about.

Seriously, I've always believed that guy has goat pictures of people in the league office or something ... how does he keep getting contracts?

(07-16-2013, 09:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's mostly a combination of wishful thinking and process of elimination, my good man.

And besides ... Manuel will beat out Kolb by Week 6, you've got nothing to worry about.

Seriously, I've always believed that guy has goat pictures of people in the league office or something ... how does he keep getting contracts?
lol I know.. I love matt barkley too(just picking on you) but I gotta root for my man ej manuel to do something.. actually I just want any quarterback on the roster to prove me wrong.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(07-16-2013, 05:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Matt Barkley = NFL Rookie of the Year

Foles = Standing on sideline with hat and clipboard, calling in plays for Barkley!
I love your BOLD Prediction, but seeing as how Barkley will be lucky to EVER see playing time as a pro, other than pre-season, the FUTURE of the eagles is with Nick Foles.

Why did Barkley sit out of their bowl game? The same reason he is still not playing or throwing 100%. He'll be lucky to ever reach what he did in College. 2. He comes from USC and QB's there have a ever haunting curse on them...sucking in the NFL.

Now with Nick Foles, you've obviously missed some things. He is a big kid, very smart and accurate. Only Rookie QB in history to complete over 60% of his passes and average at least 250 yards a game, and that was behind a 2nd and 3rd string offensive line.

The eagles have picked up some big protection lately. With a 6'8" 345lb tackle, and looking to run a 2 TE set, it seems they have already made up their mind who is going to start. Vick is out. Barkley rides the pine. Foles is the future.
Eddie George Super Collector

(07-17-2013, 06:49 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: lol I know.. I love matt barkley too(just picking on you) but I gotta root for my man ej manuel to do something.. actually I just want any quarterback on the roster to prove me wrong.
I actually like Manuel quite a bit ... I see some Dante Culpepper there — and before people start their predictable guffawing, remember, he was a damn good QB before he injured his knee.

Having Randy Moss didn't hurt, but you can say the same thing about Joe Montana, Steve Young and Rich Gannon (!) playing with Jerry Rice.
(07-17-2013, 11:00 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: I love your BOLD Prediction, but seeing as how Barkley will be lucky to EVER see playing time as a pro, other than pre-season, the FUTURE of the eagles is with Nick Foles.

Why did Barkley sit out of their bowl game? The same reason he is still not playing or throwing 100%. He'll be lucky to ever reach what he did in College. 2. He comes from USC and QB's there have a ever haunting curse on them...sucking in the NFL.

Now with Nick Foles, you've obviously missed some things. He is a big kid, very smart and accurate. Only Rookie QB in history to complete over 60% of his passes and average at least 250 yards a game, and that was behind a 2nd and 3rd string offensive line.

The eagles have picked up some big protection lately. With a 6'8" 345lb tackle, and looking to run a 2 TE set, it seems they have already made up their mind who is going to start. Vick is out. Barkley rides the pine. Foles is the future.
Yes, you are right.

Foles is the future ... in Cleveland.

Kelly coached against both of them. Who did he trade up to draft, despite which one already being on the roster?

And "big kid" also means "statue" ... which doesn't work in Kelly's offense.

And the whole "all USC QBs suck" thing is pretty tired.

Like, I was busting ugameck's chops about Zeier, Carter and Greene ... but that doesn't mean Matthew Stafford isn't a stud just because he went to Georgia.

(In fact, being a Lions fan, I LOVE Stafford ... this is the first time in my life as a Lions fan that I think we have a QB good enough to win the Super Bowl.)

Take Montee Ball, for example ... all of the other Wisconsin RBs have failed mightily in the NFL ... Bennett, Dayne, P.J. Hill, etc. ... yet people seem to think Ball will do well in Denver.

Or better yet, put it this way ... take Aaron Rodgers (Cal), Peyton Manning (Tennessee), Tom Brady (Michigan) and Drew Brees (Purdue) ... most would agree, the current "Mt. Rushmore" of QBs in the NFL, correct?

They are all Hall of Famers, no doubt about it ... but can you name ONE other quarterback from any of those schools combined that has done anything at all in the NFL?

(Recently, I'm talking, not like Bob Griese from Purdue or whatever, LOL)

Point being, the Palmers, Leinarts and Sanchezes of the world have had very mixed results in the NFL, no question, but at least they got there.

And I'm telling you, I watched all of them, and Barkley is the best one of the bunch by far.

But mostly I'm just messing with you, Dave.

When he got drafted by the Eagles, I was like, crap, they have two other QBs ... was much more hoping he went to Buffalo (Frenchie!) or Tampa Bay, where the path would have been a little easier.

(07-17-2013, 11:22 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I actually like Manuel quite a bit ... I see some Dante Culpepper there — and before people start their predictable guffawing, remember, he was a damn good QB before he injured his knee.

Having Randy Moss didn't hurt, but you can say the same thing about Joe Montana, Steve Young and Rich Gannon (!) playing with Jerry Rice.

Yes, you are right.

Foles is the future ... in Cleveland.

Kelly coached against both of them. Who did he trade up to draft, despite which one already being on the roster?

And "big kid" also means "statue" ... which doesn't work in Kelly's offense.

And the whole "all USC QBs suck" thing is pretty tired.

Like, I was busting ugameck's chops about Zeier, Carter and Greene ... but that doesn't mean Matthew Stafford isn't a stud just because he went to Georgia.

(In fact, being a Lions fan, I LOVE Stafford ... this is the first time in my life as a Lions fan that I think we have a QB good enough to win the Super Bowl.)

Take Montee Ball, for example ... all of the other Wisconsin RBs have failed mightily in the NFL ... Bennett, Dayne, P.J. Hill, etc. ... yet people seem to think Ball will do well in Denver.

Or better yet, put it this way ... take Aaron Rodgers (Cal), Peyton Manning (Tennessee), Tom Brady (Michigan) and Drew Brees (Purdue) ... most would agree, the current "Mt. Rushmore" of QBs in the NFL, correct?

They are all Hall of Famers, no doubt about it ... but can you name ONE other quarterback from any of those schools combined that has done anything at all in the NFL?

(Recently, I'm talking, not like Bob Griese from Purdue or whatever, LOL)

Point being, the Palmers, Leinarts and Sanchezes of the world have had very mixed results in the NFL, no question, but at least they got there.

And I'm telling you, I watched all of them, and Barkley is the best one of the bunch by far.

But mostly I'm just messing with you, Dave.

When he got drafted by the Eagles, I was like, crap, they have two other QBs ... was much more hoping he went to Buffalo (Frenchie!) or Tampa Bay, where the path would have been a little easier.
See that's the thing, I think everyone things Kelly is going to run the same offense he did in college. If Kelly is smart, he wouldn't. It would not be wise on his end. Watch some old college tape and bam, you've been handled.

That where it was wise on Kelly's end to draft Barkley. Now you've got other teams in the conference scratching their head. Why didn't he take a mobile QB. People tend to forget, throughout Kelly's coaching career, his QB's only averaged what, 7 rushes a game.

Foles is my boy, will defend him to the end. All the articles popping up lately about him, just make me smile. He has out played Vick in camps and Barkley is not in contention. But only the start of the season will tell us what will happen.

I love you point out Palmer, Sanchez and Leinart. Well we've seen what all three have done, Sanchez is probably one of the worst, if not the worst starting QB in the nation, Leinart, well what ever happened to that Heisman trophy winner? USC is great with defensive players, just like my school Ohio State. QB's just usually don't have what it takes to compete and lead teams to super bowl wins.

I wish Barkley luck, but it will be a tough road. Foles, of course I wish the best of luck to also. I hope he can prove to the doubters he is the QB I believe he is. Tons of potential with both, but only one will prevail in Philly!

Anyways, OROY goes out to Eddie Lacy, DROY goes out to Alec Ogletree

(07-17-2013, 11:46 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: See that's the thing, I think everyone things Kelly is going to run the same offense he did in college. If Kelly is smart, he wouldn't. It would not be wise on his end. Watch some old college tape and bam, you've been handled.

That where it was wise on Kelly's end to draft Barkley. Now you've got other teams in the conference scratching their head. Why didn't he take a mobile QB. People tend to forget, throughout Kelly's coaching career, his QB's only averaged what, 7 rushes a game.

Foles is my boy, will defend him to the end. All the articles popping up lately about him, just make me smile. He has out played Vick in camps and Barkley is not in contention. But only the start of the season will tell us what will happen.

I love you point out Palmer, Sanchez and Leinart. Well we've seen what all three have done, Sanchez is probably one of the worst, if not the worst starting QB in the nation, Leinart, well what ever happened to that Heisman trophy winner? USC is great with defensive players, just like my school Ohio State. QB's just usually don't have what it takes to compete and lead teams to super bowl wins.

I wish Barkley luck, but it will be a tough road. Foles, of course I wish the best of luck to also. I hope he can prove to the doubters he is the QB I believe he is. Tons of potential with both, but only one will prevail in Philly!

Anyways, OROY goes out to Eddie Lacy, DROY goes out to Alec Ogletree
My point about the USC QBs/Wisconsin RBs/Mount Rushmore of pro QBs was that the perception about Barkley is out there because of the shortcomings of other players ... just doesn't seem fair.

More to the point ... has any Arizona QB other than Foles ever even seen the field in an NFL game?

So by that logic, Foles will never be a good player in the NFL, because all of the Arizona QBs have never even played in the league.

Doesn't make much sense if Foles is as good as you say he is, right?

A second bold prediction, since Montee was brought up, he will flop. Too many miles for one thing (more than Mendenhall in 5 seasons in Pittsburgh). Add in that Hillman has a year in the system and Moreno is still there and I don't see him being a breakout star this year. Career-wise, I'm saying around 4,000 yards in 7 years by the time fatigue and injuries set in and he retires. Just an opinion, though. I know all of the Wisconsin/Green Bay/Broncos fans will crucify me.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(07-17-2013, 11:57 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My point about the USC QBs/Wisconsin RBs/Mount Rushmore of pro QBs was that the perception about Barkley is out there because of the shortcomings of other players ... just doesn't seem fair.

More to the point ... has any Arizona QB other than Foles ever even seen the field in an NFL game?

So by that logic, Foles will never be a good player in the NFL, because all of the Arizona QBs have never even played in the league.

Doesn't make much sense if Foles is as good as you say he is, right?
Very true. I just see his past Shoulder injuries affecting his play is all. He will have to break that "curse" in order to make it in the league.