`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Football talk time! Give me your bold rookie predictions.

RE: Football talk time! Give me your bold rookie predictions.
Jarvis Jones has 100 sacks and 25 interceptions for TDs......

by week 6.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I predict that this will not be the last "who will be the best rookie" thread, because I know I have personally replied to at least three other ones, LOL.

But here goes:

I'm a USC grad/fan/collector ... pulled both of these in the last couple of months:

[Image: MattyTrojanAuto_zps37378aa5.jpg]

[Image: BarkleyEagles_zpsaf11f0c2.jpg]

Granted, I'm biased, LOL, but I can see this scenario playing out: Vick and Foles split reps in the preseason ... Eagles trade Foles to a Jacksonville, Cleveland, etc., right before the start of the season ... Vick starts season as No. 1, then gets injured in Week 5 or 6 ... and then the Barkley era begins.

I'm telling you, I watched him play for four years ... he's a very, very good QB, and basically got punished for USC's underwhelming season this past year.

I told anyone and everyone who would listen that when LT Matt Kalil went into the NFL Draft last spring instead of coming back for his senior year, it was going to have a major impact on USC last season ... and then when Khaled Holmes (starting C) got hurt early in the season, Barkley had to make all of the line calls in addition to playing behind a patchwork line.

Every time I see Barkley, I think Drew Brees:

"Too short?" = Yep

"Questionable arm strength?" = Allegedly

"Leadership and smarts off the charts?" = Absolutely

Short story long, LOL, this is my guy this year.

that bell from pittsburgh will be roy.

Cordarrelle Patterson will be the human highlight reel.
(07-14-2013, 01:56 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: Just thought it would be fun to start up a chat thread, because we haven't done a good one in awhile and with football so far away, I just wanna talk about it lol.

I'll say that Eddie Lacy becomes the first Packer RB to go over 1000 yards since 2009 and that he'll break the Packers rookie rushing record of 1105 yards set in 1971.

What's your bold prediction?
And this one is for you....

Lacy will be in attendance when UT upsets bama this year : )
[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]

Tyler Eifert: 800 yards receiving with 6 TD's. He is the next great TE.

I just see too crowded of a backfield in Cincy for Bernard to be that much of a stat hound. Green-Ellis had 1,000 yards and 6 TDs last year, so if anything it'll be a two-back rotation with Green-Ellis likely getting a bulk of the carries early. And don't forget Burkhead, who everyone but me likes for some reason.

I do see Eifert having a great year, especially with Green drawing a bunch of double coverages and Dalton needing a security blanket.

Franklin very well could take the reins from Lacy, but if Eddie is healthy, the gap isn't even close.

I think ZeroDave aould disagree with your Barkley prediction rjcj lol.

I do see Patterson having a great year since Ponder doesn't have Harvin to throw to anymore, but negative on that Tennessee win lol
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(07-16-2013, 01:05 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: I just see too crowded of a backfield in Cincy for Bernard to be that much of a stat hound. Green-Ellis had 1,000 yards and 6 TDs last year, so if anything it'll be a two-back rotation with Green-Ellis likely getting a bulk of the carries early. And don't forget Burkhead, who everyone but me likes for some reason.

I do see Eifert having a great year, especially with Green drawing a bunch of double coverages and Dalton needing a security blanket.

Franklin very well could take the reins from Lacy, but if Eddie is healthy, the gap isn't even close.

I think ZeroDave aould disagree with your Barkley prediction rjcj lol.

I do see Patterson having a great year since Ponder doesn't have Harvin to throw to anymore, but negative on that Tennessee win lol
Matt Barkley = NFL Rookie of the Year

Foles = Standing on sideline with hat and clipboard, calling in plays for Barkley!

(07-16-2013, 05:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Matt Barkley = NFL Rookie of the Year

Foles = Standing on sideline with hat and clipboard, calling in plays for Barkley!
How? He's going to get a concussion in the preseason and sit all year.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

barkley wont even play
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(07-16-2013, 08:14 PM)ugameck Wrote: How? He's going to get a concussion in the preseason and sit all year.
I don't know, he started every game for four years until the shoulder thing at the end of his senior season. Pretty tough guy.

I mean, he's no Eric Zeier, Quincy Carter or David Greene, but ... (drops mic) LOL

(07-16-2013, 08:23 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: barkley wont even play
Sure he will. Kelly knows what he's doing. He'll have Vick and Foles split reps in the preseason, then Jacksonville or Cleveland will panic right before Week 1 and trade for Foles to "compete with" (i.e. take the job from) Gabbert, Henne or Weeden.

Because Vick is the vet, he will start the season as the starter. Then in Week 4 he'll throw like four picks, then in Week 5 he'll break his ribs doing some end zone dive.

Which leaves ... "The Future" ... Matt Barkley.