`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? on Selling Commons by Team Lots

? on Selling Commons by Team Lots
Do team collectors generally prefer to have players that have been traded to other teams included or excluded from lots they buy? I figure some would be the type that wanted any player in their team's jersey and others may be more interested in their team's current players (I've seen plenty of posts where people are looking for certains players in a particular uniform), but not sure which would be the correct group to cater to when building team lots to sell. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
2012 Allen & Ginter Mini Auto Set: 96/123 (78% Complete)
2012 A&G Framed Relic Set: Just need Gehrig, Clemente, and Aaron
2012 A&G Master, Mini Set Builder

RE: ? on Selling Commons by Team Lots
Good question. As a buyer I would expect just to get players in my uniform. If you go through that extra work to filter, I doubt it would translate into a worthwhile bump in price. Maybe if you market it as "Baseball Cards of the 2013 ______ Roster" it would. Let me know how it works out!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Thanks cross, I appreciate the insight and agree - unfortunately, my team lots span across multiple seasons and brands so I think I'm relegated to just doing whoever's in uniform. Plus, after thinking about it a bit further, I doubt the inclusion of a couple of players no longer with the team will keep someone from being interested, provided it's a sizable lot.

Thanks again!

Great question. As long as the player is in a Phillies uniform and it says Phillies in the name....I want it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks Joe!

I agree with Joe, if he's not in the Uniform id pass on it. unless its reyes or dickey right now. but if you do have a nice lot available id like first chance on the jays.

Good luck!
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios