Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone else disappointed?
Sad 
Anyone else disappointed?
This is a very late question but... do you all agree that this year's draft class will make it a boring year for collecting? Last year was awesome! Luck, RG3, Wilson, Osweiler, Tannehill, Rich, Martin, and he list goes on. From what it looks like there will be no starting QB's from this years draft Sad Needless to say I won't be buying more than 3 boxes this year lol. Instead I will just order boxes from last year at blowout Smile What are your guys plan's for this year?
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

RE: Anyone else disappointed?
Well, I think there are going to be some guys that are going to be breakout stars. I don't know who yet (other than I think Lacy is going to be AWESOME... that spin move is insane), but I think there are going to be some guys who surprise everybody. It seems the guys that are the best seem to be the ones that are overlooked a bit when draft time comes (Brady, Favre, Rodgers to a certain degree, Donald Driver, etc). I think this will end up being a better draft than people give it credit for, except for maybe the QB position.

im just going to continue to buy last years product. or purchase some of this upcoming years hockey, with its double rookie crop.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

(07-12-2013, 01:25 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, I think there are going to be some guys that are going to be breakout stars. I don't know who yet (other than I think Lacy is going to be AWESOME... that spin move is insane), but I think there are going to be some guys who surprise everybody. It seems the guys that are the best seem to be the ones that are overlooked a bit when draft time comes (Brady, Favre, Rodgers to a certain degree, Donald Driver, etc). I think this will end up being a better draft than people give it credit for, except for maybe the QB position.
Yeah I would agree with you on Lacy. I'm glad that our packers got him Smile I did pull his passport auto out of prestige. But I usually collect QB's and there's no good ones this year Sad

(07-12-2013, 01:26 PM)mrdub Wrote: im just going to continue to buy last years product. or purchase some of this upcoming years hockey, with its double rookie crop.
I think I might start opening hockey too. I've been a blackhawks fan for a long time cuz they're the only hockey team close to wisconsin lol. I've always just bought blackhawks singles but I've never bought a hockey box.... who are the good rookies to look for?
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Im going to pick and choose singles from this year and keep doing group breaks at the LCS for last years stuff..... Its a good year to catch up on old projects and previous releases Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

2013 seems to be doing quite well for Defense collectors, and well are filling quite quickly in my box breaks. Yes overall disappointing, but guys like Geno Smith, E.J. Manuel, Manti T'eo are still getting some nice hobby love. Not to mention running backs Giovanni Bernard, Eddie Lacy and Marcus Lattimore.
Eddie George Super Collector

I gotta admit i'm not too hyped about this class. Waiting to see what my boy Burkhead does in Cincy but Giovani is no joke. Thinking about working more basketball with the double draft class.

that's ironic, because this coming year's football picks are slim, but this past year's hockey boxes didn't have much in terms of rookies because of the strike.

(07-12-2013, 01:34 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: I think I might start opening hockey too. I've been a blackhawks fan for a long time cuz they're the only hockey team close to wisconsin lol. I've always just bought blackhawks singles but I've never bought a hockey box.... who are the good rookies to look for?

(07-12-2013, 03:07 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: 2013 seems to be doing quite well for Defense collectors, and well are filling quite quickly in my box breaks. Yes overall disappointing, but guys like Geno Smith, E.J. Manuel, Manti T'eo are still getting some nice hobby love. Not to mention running backs Giovanni Bernard, Eddie Lacy and Marcus Lattimore.
Lacy is gonna be a beast...i will try to grab some of his things but other than that its a pass on this years crop for me...
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

look at it this way, Wilson was a later round pick, and so were other great players of the past so I'm just gonna sit back and what some of the picks from the 3rd and 4th round that I think might emerge into star rookies.