`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Opinions on whether to grade

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade
I'd pass on the grading unless it's for your PC. The only time (in my opinion) getting less than mint vintage graded is if there's a significant value increase between the grades (some of mine the difference between a 3 and a 4 is $50+)

Now to address PSA being "more reputable" than SGC, I'm going to have to disagree with you. While I would never send a modern card to SGC, they actually are the favorite for really early prewar cards (at least amongst the core of collector's I hang out with). Vintage (post war) I tend to prefer PSA, then BGS for modern.

Just my 2 cents though! Smile
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(07-11-2013, 03:11 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I'd pass on the grading unless it's for your PC. The only time (in my opinion) getting less than mint vintage graded is if there's a significant value increase between the grades (some of mine the difference between a 3 and a 4 is $50+)

Now to address PSA being "more reputable" than SGC, I'm going to have to disagree with you. While I would never send a modern card to SGC, they actually are the favorite for really early prewar cards (at least amongst the core of collector's I hang out with). Vintage (post war) I tend to prefer PSA, then BGS for modern.

Just my 2 cents though! Smile
Hey thanks bud, yeah SGC is getting more popular than PSA,

[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(07-10-2013, 06:58 PM)NY_baseball23 Wrote: cant say whether or not to grade the cards but if you ar to i suggest PSA, they are more reputable.
I would say no on grading any of the above, but I must ask... why do you consider PSA more reputable than SGC?

SGC is a classy organization and I'd put them on a highly reputable list as far as grading houses go. curious why you would say PSA is more reputable? there are cards I wouldn't grade with SGC out of preference but they are one of the "big three" far as I'm (and many others) are concerned.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors