`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My secret guilty pleasure and my 900th post !!

RE: My secret guilty pleasure and my 900th post !!
ahah thats awesome, an accidental PC, i like it lol!!

Awesome collection man, thanks for sharing! I have to ask though...is that Rip Card ripped?
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(07-11-2013, 04:51 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Awesome collection man, thanks for sharing! I have to ask though...is that Rip Card ripped?
Nope, I've been debating for quite a while .... Rip or don't rip? Maybe I should do a poll? I'd be bummed if it was something crappy. I guess I'm a big chicken!
Is there a checklist of Rip card inclusions?
(07-11-2013, 04:01 PM)NY_baseball23 Wrote: ahah thats awesome, an accidental PC, i like it lol!!
Pretty much! It just ... Happened!
(07-11-2013, 03:22 PM)elberson Wrote: Very impressive collection so far
Thanks!
(07-11-2013, 03:14 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: congrats on 900 bro! lol if it makes you feel better, that's how I started collecting Andrei Kirilenko lol thank goodness our guys aren't top tier players eh? Tongue lol we'd be broke!
Thanks!
It's funny how something like that can just sneak up on you! Maybe the card value made it easier for this "Accidental PC" (thanks NY_baseball23 ... I like the terminology) to occur? Dropping $20-50 on a card doesn't take the same level of commitment as $200-500 on a card.

BTW: Hey, you're approaching 5K posts .... Wow!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Most likely it would be an EXT mini inside but it could also be a Wood 1/1, a Red Ink auto /10 or even a redemption for a full game-used piece (Saw someone pull one for Kemp's pants LOL)
If you decide to rip it, I would be willing to buy the mini inside. and if you do it carefully enough the front of the card doesn't suffer in appearance.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

The first step is admitting you have a Ubaldo collection.

That's a great collection. I love off-the-wall unexpected collections like that. Looks like you've taken it pretty far!

Nice stuff...and it IS in the borderline Super collector stratosphere Tongue
Mattingly Collection.2503 different

I'm looking for Mattingly,Pujols,All Current
& Great Yankees,& HOFers in all Sports.
[Image: e1a26f5e-c283-43da-a60f-eb714950ec46_zpsa04dbf07.jpg]

(07-11-2013, 05:15 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Most likely it would be an EXT mini inside but it could also be a Wood 1/1, a Red Ink auto /10 or even a redemption for a full game-used piece (Saw someone pull one for Kemp's pants LOL)
If you decide to rip it, I would be willing to buy the mini inside. and if you do it carefully enough the front of the card doesn't suffer in appearance.
It's probably the most expensive card in my Ubaldo collection and I'm a chicken about ripping into it. A red ink /10 would be nice, though!
(07-11-2013, 07:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The first step is admitting you have a Ubaldo collection.
UA? Ubaldo Anonymous? Smile
My new support group. I just need a sponsor! Lol
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-11-2013, 10:46 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's probably the most expensive card in my Ubaldo collection and I'm a chicken about ripping into it. A red ink /10 would be nice, though!

UA? Ubaldo Anonymous? Smile
My new support group. I just need a sponsor! Lol
Well played sir.

Wow thats a lot of ubaldos!!! Very nice!!! and a well kept secret too lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s