`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do people do this?

RE: why do people do this?
(07-08-2013, 11:11 PM)kstjst Wrote: quick question...why do post-ers re-post original threads? i can see if a person wants to reply to someone's response to a post, because then you know who that person is replying to, but if it's the lead post in a thread, why do you need to hit the "reply" button instead of hitting "new reply?" http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smi...ecided.gif

not that i'm venting about it, just wondering if others find it odd...and i know how some of you think...i bet a few of you will "reply" to this instead of hitting "new reply." http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif
I just hit the reply button. It quotes the post that you hit reply on. Like if I wanted to refer to something in your post which is now 9 posts up or whatever.

If I hit new reply at the bottom it doesnt quote any of other posts that you may want to reference in your reply.

Its actually quite common in forums. Atleast in the technical forums I am a member of. Its just the preference of the poster. Its all good.

Why do people post links to smilies? Seems like a lot of work. Why not just post Tongue or something similar(especially since I don't know how to do it the other way)
Looking to SELL ONLY at the moment. Prices in my org are completely negotiable...I just set random prices for the most part. Pm me

(07-09-2013, 09:35 PM)erikido23 Wrote: Why do people post links to smilies? Seems like a lot of work. Why not just post Tongue or something similar(especially since I don't know how to do it the other way)
How come I can't post smiles?

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-09-2013, 10:43 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: How come I can't post smiles?
Joe, you're going to need to hit the new reply button next time.
Wink 
My first reply from the new reply button! Still can't post a smile......

(07-09-2013, 10:53 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: My first reply from the new reply button! Still can't post a smile......
I'm smiling right now, despite the fact that I did NOT hit the new reply button. By the way, sent you a package today.

(07-09-2013, 11:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm smiling right now, despite the fact that I did NOT hit the new reply button. By the way, sent you a package today.
Awesome.....can't wait to see what it is! Enjoy the rest of the Left coast Wed. night!

(07-09-2013, 11:17 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome.....can't wait to see what it is! Enjoy the rest of the Left coast Wed. night!
I'm at work, so "enjoying it" would be a stretch ... but thanks though!

(07-08-2013, 11:11 PM)kstjst Wrote: quick question...why do post-ers re-post original threads?
As another mentioned, I use it at times to respond to a specific part of the post or a question & edit out the rest.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

If im not replying to anything anyone said I just post reply in the box below. Dont know why others dont lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s