`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing plate 1 of 1 question

Printing plate 1 of 1 question
I know that all printing plates are 1 of 1 so there is no set value for any of them. My question is this: all things being equal if someone had all four for sale would one color be more desireable than the others?

RE: Printing plate 1 of 1 question
I guess if there was someone that collected say black plates only then yes, but I assume that folks either try for all the plates of a particular card, or one of a PC card, whatever color is available.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

From what I've seen, blacks and blues typically sell better. You can usually see the picture better on those.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Yeah, as a buyer I avoid magenta and yellow if I have a choice. Black and cyan look best IMO.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(07-07-2013, 11:23 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Yeah, as a buyer I avoid magenta and yellow if I have a choice. Black and cyan look best IMO.
I usually avoid the yellow, but each card and each photo that the the plates are made from can vary tremendously. I have one yellow that was great so I bought it. I'd say that generally, the black plate of any set is the best.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.