`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
REGISTRY FEEDBACK
07-07-2013, 10:42 AM
REGISTRY FEEDBACK
For anyone who used to use the registry in the past and those using now,,,, I'd be interested to hear some current feedback.

I'd like to hear directly to my jeffv96masters@gmail.com email so that I can correlate the data and pass it on to who it needs to be listened to so they can continue making the changes to strengthen it .

All comments are welcome. Good or bad they'll be used to help strengthen it.

Examples of the types of questions you should ask yourself are below. There are obviously lots more to think about but please be honest in your feedback.

Is the new set up easy on the eyes= or does it look like someone spilled mustard on a brown shirt ? If you could change the set up what would you choose to do?

Is the layout easy to figure out? Does it need more directions on how to use? Are you figuring things out by trial and error ? If trial & error would better help make it easier? Would videos help you or screen prints?

What problems have you encountered using it ? For example-- are there problems with how the new player registry creation works versus what you were able to do/see in the past ?? Are there types of cards you find hard to get entered ?? If they are hard to get entered or not going in at all let me know what/why.

Are you submitting more now due to the registry or less? If less-- what is holding you back? Is it the setup, the confusion on how to properly navigate the pages, issues with how the registry is acting-- what is causing you to sub less??

If your submitting the same or more what improvements would you like to see made?

These are just a few questions you should ask yourself. All comments are welcome.

Thanks folks--
Jeff

SUGGESTIONS SUBMIT IT HERE !!

Mod Team member
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: REGISTRY FEEDBACK
I would like to see a rookie card feature in addition to the set or player registries.

getting my rookie card collection graded slowly but surely
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Its hard to give a honest assessment of the site with the phase 2 changes that are supposedly coming.
The one feature that would make me and many other happy would be an option for us to add what I paid for my card so I can keep inventory with my organized registry. Having all of this info in one place would make this site much better.
07-27-2013, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013 10:50 AM by nolan5000.)
(07-26-2013 10:35 PM)patrick54 Wrote:  It's hard to give a honest assessment of the site with the phase 2 changes that are supposedly coming.
The one feature that would make me and many others happy would be an option for us to add what I paid for my card so I can keep inventory with my organized registry. Having all of this info in one place would make this site much better.

I think that it would behoove everyone to have a comment space like we had on the old Registry. That way users can use it for whatever reason they have. Like for me, it would be to put what number 9.5 was Graded. And to put that a particular card was crossed over from PSA to BGS/BVG.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
07-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Comment space isn't a bad idea but on other registries you can basically save all the information you want when entering the serial number. Like the price paid and where you bought the card and this info is hidden from everyone else.
08-05-2013, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 12:13 PM by bamyanks.)
I would appreciate having a price paid and where purchased fields. Like the previous post said, other registries have this and it's very handy. Personally, I like to use the comment field to put in notes about the card, or maybe stats about the player, that type of thing. I first graded with Beckett in 2007 and my other concern is price. I have probably 150 1961 Topps baseball cards to get graded, plus a bunch of modern Yankee cards. In fact, right in front of me I have 5 61's, 14 vintage Yankees, and 13 modern cards of various yankee players. I'm worried that Beckett is going to price me out of grading, because I can't afford to send in a bulk submission to get $8 per card pricing. Another grading firm has a 10 card minimum, 20 day service at $7 per card. What am I supposed to do? I'd prefer to stick with Beckett.
Another thing I would to see is: being able to see a list of all my cards. My "inventory" if you will, sometimes I like to call up a card, see what other registries it can be in, just in case I decide to start them. Yes, I know you get to see them when you add the card the first time, but I would like to see it say 6 months down the road, just by clicking on a certain card in inventory. If I put my graded cards in my Organize, would that let me see what other registries it would go in?
09-02-2013, 06:16 AM
What if 1/1 cards in a registry were highlighted in one color and maybe anything numbered /10 or less be another color similar to how 8.5s and 9s are silver and 9.5s and 10s are gold labeled?
09-02-2013, 06:43 AM
(09-02-2013 06:16 AM)roosterwn Wrote:  What if 1/1 cards in a registry were highlighted in one color and maybe anything numbered /10 or less be another color similar to how 8.5s and 9s are silver and 9.5s and 10s are gold labeled?

+1 That sounds like a pretty good idea to me!!

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!