`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Lots and Player Lots

Team Lots and Player Lots
Ok so I have a question for you guys. I have been buying alot of common style collections lately that I pulled the inserts out of and was planning on selling the bulk "commons" to one person and that has kinda fallen through for the time being, so I am looking at what to do with it all.

I was considering separating it all by teams and or star players and piecing it out but I am not sure of the market so I thought I would see if there is any interest here.

The Bulk of it is 1980-2008 but some newer.

I would think teams would sell at the .01-.03 per card depending on the team.
Some Major players have been mostly pulled (Jeter,Ryan,and a few others) but there is still plenty here.

Anyways I have @2,000,000 or 400 5,000 boxes so there is no shortage of any team.

If I get enough interest I will start the sort for teams or players wanted.

I was a Beckett Market Place dealer here for a few years and am about to be again but I need to move this bulk so if you are interested post here or PM me.

This is not a for sale post at this time just finding if this project is worth my time.

Thanks all

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports

RE: Team Lots and Player Lots
What card companies are you talking about? Also, not hard to get a 5,000 box of commons for $10 espec. if loaded with 1980's and 1990's stuff. Not sayiing you are offering junk, just pointing out a couple of things. Thanks........could be interested in team lots.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-05-2013, 05:11 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: What card companies are you talking about? Also, not hard to get a 5,000 box of commons for $10 espec. if loaded with 1980's and 1990's stuff. Not sayiing you are offering junk, just pointing out a couple of things. Thanks........could be interested in team lots.
They are all the companies, SP,UD,Topps,Donruss,Blaw Blaw Blaw only set that I would have tried to pull all of would have been topps tek.

I know it is not hard to get bulk at $10 but to just get a certain player or team for that price I do not think will happen as it is too time consuming to separate. I know you may find a hundred or so at that price from time to time from a collector wanting to just unload and they just happened to already have them sorted but to get 5-10k I think you would be hard pressed to find it. The majority of them are 80-90's with only roughly @20-30% being 2000+and if you think the team you would be interested in wouldn't have anything worthwhile in that time period I would pass.

I am not trying to rip anyone off and I know the 80's and 90's cards are what they are, but some people can really use their local team players from any era as I can sell my local ones for over that much with out any problem to my other local dealers.

I am new here and want to start trading soon. Once I have everything put in the system I will. I am interested in Topps commons Cubs only. I am slowly collecting all Topps Cubs from the main set ever made. Can send you a list of those years that I need.
Colleting all Topps Cubs cards from the main set and Traded/Update
Main Set - 1415/1672 84.6%
Years Completed - 51, 76-94, 96, 99, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09, 12
Traded/Update - 90/234 38.4%

(07-05-2013, 05:29 PM)commonguysports Wrote: They are all the companies, SP,UD,Topps,Donruss,Blaw Blaw Blaw only set that I would have tried to pull all of would have been topps tek.

I know it is not hard to get bulk at $10 but to just get a certain player or team for that price I do not think will happen as it is too time consuming to separate. I know you may find a hundred or so at that price from time to time from a collector wanting to just unload and they just happened to already have them sorted but to get 5-10k I think you would be hard pressed to find it. The majority of them are 80-90's with only roughly @20-30% being 2000+and if you think the team you would be interested in wouldn't have anything worthwhile in that time period I would pass.

I am not trying to rip anyone off and I know the 80's and 90's cards are what they are, but some people can really use their local team players from any era as I can sell my local ones for over that much with out any problem to my other local dealers.
Hope you didn't take it wrong...wasn't dis-respecting you or inferring anything, was just trying for clarity on what you had....apologize if I upset you at all...........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I may be interested in the Braves lot

(07-05-2013, 09:34 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hope you didn't take it wrong...wasn't dis-respecting you or inferring anything, was just trying for clarity on what you had....apologize if I upset you at all...........
Not upset at all! just clarifying for everybody of what it is the lot consists of. If anyone has any questions just ask. One persons junk is another persons treasure and visa versa.

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports

Jeremy, I'd be interested in a lot of Alex Gordon's if you have many.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I am actually in the middle of that same process...let me tell you that it is a ton of work and very time consuming...I have sorted through about 150,000 out of 300,000...I was going to sell the local teams (Dodgers and Angels) at my LCS bid board...the only thing that concerns me is the cost of shipping and how it might scare people off due to the price...keep me posted so I know whether you think it is worth it...I know I am going to get next to noth
iing when I sell them but it gives me satisfaction knowing they will go to someone who wants them
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards