`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Update) Question for my fellow board members

(Update) Question for my fellow board members
I hope everyone is well. I don't post much and haven't been super active lately, I apologize for that.

I made a trade with a new board member approx. 2 and a half weeks ago and have yet to receive my end. He is shipping from Peterborough. I know mail coming over the border can take a while but I'm getting anxious. This is probably the biggest BV trade I've ever done and it puts me closer to completing a set I never thought possible. 2005-06 upper deck and yes it is for the Crosby YG.

I've contacted him a few times with no response. He has been active according to the trade page.

I'm partly worried because I shipped without checking his trader rating (completely my fault) before shipping. He has 1 completed trade. I messaged that trader and asked him how slow this trader is. He informs me that he was fast and that he made the new trader send first. Again, my idiotic fault. I was too damn excited and didn't follow the normal steps I use before sending.

Out of the 9-10 cards I sent there are only 5 I would want back. He can keep the others.

My question is, what are my options? This would really put a damper on my hobby excitement for a LONG time if I got taken and I only have myself to blame.

Any suggestions? Anyone in or around Peterborough that can help?

Thank you for the help ahead of time

Chris
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

RE: Question for my fellow board members
Damn Chris I am sorry to read this. From the details you have given I would say you might be in a bit of trouble. Now I could be wrong but new trader, big value not having them send first is always a worry.

I am not too close to Peterborough but I would have to think someone would be.

Anyway I hope the worry is for nothing and the card arrives safely for you.

Scott
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Thank you Scott. I appreciate the kind words. It wasn't just the Crosby. It was the ovy, and a few others. I can't be mad at anyone else but myself. I just was wondering if I had any options or if there were any board members that could help out around the Peterborough area.
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

Oh man, Balls dude. I know that feeling of waiting and waiting. Contact a MOD and see if they can get through. Mail sometimes gets caught up at the border and Canada did just have a holiday. 2 and a half weeks though seems a bit long. Did they get your cards? First off though, get in touch with a mod. And i don't know anybody in that area, but to keep you trading and keep you active around here , i'll drive to his house and give him a nice little lecture about right and wrong. AUTOBOTS...UNITE!
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I have to tell you that you did gaffe on that one. For members that are not established (less than 20 trades COMPLETED) you should be asking if they would mind sending first. It does seem like a hassle to put them through, but it is in place to ensure nothing like this (potentially) happens. I hope that the other member get ahold of you, but if you feel that you want to share the name with myself or the other Mods, just drop a line.

Randi

Oof that's tough. It's hard to remember to have new guys send first. I just completed a trade with Maverick08 or something and almost completely forgot about that, but either right before or right after the trade was accepted I mentioned it to him and he had no problem sending first. I got my cards and sent his out and all was well.

I like to think that most of the members of this community are stand up guys who won't screw someone over, but you never know with new members. I hope it all works out for you especially with such high BV cards for your set.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I tell ya, I hate reading a post like this. I too have been burned on a similar sanerio before. I hope that the cards that you have traded for arrive and that the NEW member up holds it part of the trade. Good Luck and please keep us all informed as if this is a member that has gone rouge we as a community do not want to have others run into the same problem.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

Thanks guys. I have no one to blame but myself. I haven't heard from him via trade message or PM. I hate to say it but I may finish the trades I have going and call it for a while. Randi - I will pm you.

Does anyone know if I can pursue any legal action?
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

RE: (Update) Question for my fellow board members
UPDATE - I heard from the trader and he states he hasn't received anything from me yet and that his was just released from Customs on Wednesday. So with our Holiday on Thursday it's possible it's in transit. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. My package cleared customs on June 17th, 3 days after I shipped and was scheduled to be delivered on 6/19/13. Is there any reason why it hasn't been delivered yet?
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

RE: (Update) Question for my fellow board members
How are you tracking your package to him? If you are just using the customs form number then it will not show tracking after it leaves the US. Another option is www.canadapost.ca to track you package. They should show the tracking after leaving customs.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!