`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halladay HOF????

Halladay HOF????
Do you think that Roy Halladay is a first round HOFer. I do, i think he has been one of the better pitchers for some time. i liked him more with the blue jays then with the phillies but what do you do.

RE: Halladay HOF????
(07-05-2013, 01:17 AM)kbfullerr Wrote: Do you think that Roy Halladay is a first round HOFer. I do, i think he has been one of the better pitchers for some time. i liked him more with the blue jays then with the phillies but what do you do.

Though a great pitcher....he doesn't even get to the HOF unless he has a miraculos recovery and can throw-up 3 more 18+ win seasons. Sorry but the numbers aren't there and though dominate....not Sandy K. dominate.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-05-2013, 06:55 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Though a great pitcher....he doesn't even get to the HOF unless he has a miraculos recovery and can throw-up 3 more 18+ win seasons. Sorry but the numbers aren't there and though dominate....not Sandy K. dominate.
Agreed. He needs a few more years and solid numbers!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

If he were to retire after this year, no way. He needs to put it back together and pitch solid ball for another 3-4 years to even be considered.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

not first round, not ever - as it stands

haha darn

1st ballot is BS anyway but probably not. Writers have really held back on making people 1st ballots lately

But I definitely think he's in and does not need 2-3 more good years. His body of work is definitely good enough IMHO
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

well i from my point of view he has like over 60 complete games. CC Sabathia only has like 25 or something. he has two no hitters, multiple cy youngs, plus over 200 wins i think if he gets to 250 wins for sure he will get in. but even know he should get in i believe.

I don't think he'll get serious consideration unless he gets about 50 more wins.
Here are his career numbers:
W L WP ERA G CG SO
16 Yrs 201 104 .659 3.37 410 67 20

Here are Jack Morris' numbers:

18 Yrs 254 186 .577 3.90 549 175 28

Morris' numbers really suffered his last few years--as would Halladay's, in all likelihood.

Roy is a great pitcher. I just don't think he's HOF caliber at this point.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

you cant really compare a modern day pitcher to a older pitcher for complete games. becuase that seems crazy. if you compare it to anyone who still plays halladay blows them out of the water