`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Ongoing collection thread, 5-23 3 PC adds, 1 Triple auto

RE: Collection started
First off, I'd like to thank Franklin again, downloaded Gimp and everything seems to be working flawlessly (need to clean the scanner now though haha) Replaced the scans in the first post

Second one is a Giant thank you to txviking for easily making this mail day so much sweeter for both myself and my nephew who is also starting to collect football cards.
Opened my mail box expecting to see the few cards I purchased off of Ebay, and found this waiting for me as well
[Image: IMAG0155_zps85cd671f.jpg]

Inside we managed to find plenty of inserts, rookies, stars and quite honestly some cards I would have never known about ('96 Pacific Aikman and Rodney Hampton Litho Cells)
I'll keep the scans short, but RC's include
DeMarco Murray (Topps mini and Topps Legends)
Tyron Smith
Danny Coale
Tyrone Crawford
Felix Jones
Martellus Bennet
Sean Lee
Kenny Phillips
Jerrel Jernigan
Rodney Hampton
Joe Jurevicious (Forgot about this guy, always love his name)
Stephen McGee
Larry Allen
and Morris Claiborne among others

As if this package wasn't enough there were even a few more surprises thrown in

Prominence Nicks /897
[Image: Nicks-897_zps3cb9e761.png]

Steve Smith RC Jersey / Miles Austin GU /250
[Image: Untitled_zpse149c13f.png]

Emmitt /499 Aikman /462 Crawford RC /349
[Image: AikmanEmmittCrawford_zps4b6a4517.png]

Wilson RC Diecut Greg Jones RC Auto (Technically now my first Auto Card)
[Image: Diecut-Auto_zpsc04c9bea.png]

I really couldn't believe it when we went through this package. It was a great time and awesome to see the little guys face light up when he saw the Aikman and Emmitt cards. Again, txviking, I can't say thank you enough. Your Vikings and you will be on my mind whenever I look to buy cards again!

-Ebay Purchases-
Grabbed this a little bit ago (also in the patches thread)
Edmond Gates RC Patch /36
[Image: Gates-36_zps6be3faa0.png]

While browsing around looking for anything that caught my eye I decided what better time to buy my first auto, (technically the Greg Jones would be the first now) even if we'd start out cheap. Couldn't figure out who to get for the first one until Mike Hart scrolled through. Who better to get than someone I played against in a HS game. So the hunt was on until I tracked down an SP Rookie Threads 112/204. Of course I looked at the sellers other items and also ended up with a Kenny Phillips 494/499
[Image: Hart-Phillips_zps40907ab2.png]

Figuring I really hadn't spent too much and this seller doesn't charge extra for shipping more cards, I'd grab another card or two. I won't bore you football guys with the Franklin Morales auto /99, but I did close out my purchase with
National Treasures Robert Meachem jersey auto 24/25
[Image: Meachem-25_zpsf21da15a.png]
I'm pretty sure it's a part of the logo. If you tilt the card the very upper left corner looks like its hiding some gold stitching (3 color patch? lol)

Thought I was done spending money for the day, and getting ready to head to work to replace it, one more page reveled my last purchase. Saw a post where someone got one of these (don't remember the player) and knew that sooner or later I would end up with my own.
Hasn't came in yet, and I'll get a better picture when it does
Brian Urlacher Playoff Absolute Mem. GU #172/200
[Image: UrlacherAbsoluteMem_zps091d180f.jpg]

That pretty much sums it all up for now, again thanks to Franklin and txviking. Hope everyone enjoys as much as I did and can't wait to see more that you all get in!
[Image: 2yxmaPs.png]
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

Mostly collecting NYG, Ray Lewis and Kobe Bryant

RE: Collection started- MAIL 08-14
Awesome stuff! love the ravens book.... also as Chasescardcave said....dont bust wax ..... not yet at least..... try this....take to 100$ you would spen on a product..... go to the bay and only spend that 100$ on cards from the product you would have bought...... you can get a million hit and autos of your favorite team and in alot of cases even your favorite player. build up your collection and some trade bait.... so this way when you do buy some wax, the pain of getting a box with 3-4 crap hits and a bunch of base will be easier to bear.

and as for the argument of net being able to get monster hits try this..... say you wanted an Elite auto rc of luck..... just throwing a number out there..... say it was 300$ on the bay..... you could buy 3 boxes of elite for your LCS for right around the same $ and not get one at all.... you have a very good chance of getting 12 crappy hits ........ and a slim chance of getting that luck.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Dude, I LOVE that glass plaque. Those are absolutely beautiful, i'm very jealous that you managed to get one as one of your first memorabilia cards Smile also, nice wayne and clark mem jsy cards... if you wanna make a trade, im a colts guy who likes those Smile lol nice stuff though. welcome to the hobby!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

btw lemme know if that gates is for trade Smile

(08-15-2013, 06:29 AM)rwatt Wrote: Dude, I LOVE that glass plaque. Those are absolutely beautiful, i'm very jealous that you managed to get one as one of your first memorabilia cards Smile also, nice wayne and clark mem jsy cards... if you wanna make a trade, im a colts guy who likes those Smile lol nice stuff though. welcome to the hobby!
Thanks, I definitely thought I was going to be outbid at the last second, especially with it being at such a low price Smile haha
I'd be open for a trade for the Wayne and Clark, I like em, but they aren't any of my Giants.
Phinz, Gates is available as well
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

RE: Ongoing collection, Mailday 08-22
Had the plaque come in today! In absolute love with this thing, but much harder to photograph than I expected haha
[Image: IMAG0160_zpsf77eda48.jpg]

Also, I've been searching for a Bowmans Best Ray Lewis RC at a price I could be happy with. Think I managed to do alright getting the complete 1-180 set at 10$ less than the cheapest Ray Lewis card on eBay
Even came with my first two graded cards as well!
[Image: 96BowmansBest_zps7cc05e5e.png]

[Image: GradedsRCs_zpsc7f873eb.png]

[Image: Lewis-Toomer_zps41a00771.png]

The last four are going straight to PC of course. Not sure what I want to do with the set yet, keep it together or split it up. Also debating whether or not to send the Lewis for grading, looks great to me, but so does the Eddie George that graded at "88"
Anyways, thanks for looking!
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

nice collection ya got goin on........... so what are ya looking for for that gates?

(08-25-2013, 01:42 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: nice collection ya got goin on........... so what are ya looking for for that gates?
I can check you on it when I get back to the house. Looking mostly right now for giants, ray Lewis, or ed reed things. Maybe even Witten
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

RE: Ongoing collection, Cheap mail
Decided to add a couple of more small autos while browsing around eBay again
[Image: Jones-Wagner_zps0acf5233.png]

[Image: Powell-Ismail_zps6568dc3a.png]
Decided for the Ismail just because he went to a school relatively nearby.
As for the Powell, well I wasn't sure, but was already ordering from the seller. It's numbered /50 and figured for a whole 2.00 more it was hard to leave a RC auto behind of someone who was just named a starter (albeit he didn't do very well this weekend)

I must add though, that I missed out on two auto'd cards because my computer deciding to lose it's internet connection.
One being Tiki Barber, the other Darren McFadden, both numbered /10. Combined cost? $18.00!!!
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

RE: Ongoing collection thread, Few items
Been pretty busy/costly with a few other projects, so I figured it was finally time to go back onto eBay and make a few small purchases.

*Edit*
Forgot to write that I was given 36 retail packs of 2011 Score from a friend. Nothing notable at all really, just a couple of base rookies of Newton J.J. Watt and 1 Kaepernick "Hot Rookies"

[Image: Martin-25_zps09380919.png]

Got that one shortly after my last post, figured I'd wait until I had a couple extra to put it up. Sadly, it was purchased right before the bullying situation surfaced and he left the team.

2011 Spectrum Hakeem Nicks 18/25
[Image: Nicks-25_zps54186ffa.png]

Got my brother a Celtics autographed 16x20 for Christmas and decided to treat myself to a Zac DeOssie 8x10 for just a couple extra bucks.
[Image: 8x10_zps6ebccc55.jpg]

Last one is an A.J. Jenkins/Ruben Randle Spx Dual Auto.
Literally just paid for it, so it's not in yet, but pretty excited about it. This one covers my first dual auto, lowest numbered card, and first BGS graded card
:-)
[Image: Randle-Jenkins-10_zps91d45fd4.jpg]
Sig courtesy of jbel4331