`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Griffey Jr. RC question

RE: Ken Griffey Jr. RC question
(07-04-2013, 11:23 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Look man, it's worth a shot. There's a very high chance it won't be a 10, but if it is then you've got a pot of gold in your hands. If nothing else then at least it would be slabbed by a reputable company and would be protected forever.
I agree +1 !!!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

The odds of the money not being worth it far outweigh the chance of a nice grade, pass on it

I'm wondering why there is "no way it's a 10?" No argument here, just wondering. Mather card looks perfect. I understand it could be tampered with. Well we will find out. I want to get it graded to know for sure. Not that big of a loss to get it checked.

Thanks
Even if it grades an 8, it's better than not having a grade that is reliable.

because 99% of the people who use "grading" services like that one are doing it because you can basically buy your grade - and they are knowingly grading cards that wouldn't come close to a BGS 9.5/PSA 10 - but can shill them to other people as "10 gem mint" when in reality they are usually much lower grade
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Good advice in here, carry on everyone.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Man card collecting has changed since 1990 LOL. A good card used to be a good card. Pretty disappointing when you find a great card and hear that it is a dud. Just pulled 2 Topps 1993 Jeter rookies from a hobby box I bought for $30. Are these worth grading? The cards are the 1992 draft pick one. They look perfect. To grade or not to grade? that's the question. Thanks for all the advice. I'm collecting for me baby boy, so it is a blast anyways. Thx

there are tons of jeter rc graded, even 9's dont carry much of a premium

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Topps-Derek...3cd2cf184c

17 dollars for a bgs 9

so unless you are dead sure you can get a 9.5...not worth grading a topps jeter rookie

even a 9,5 will only net you 50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Topps-Derek...2ec8f2866c

Not really looking to grade and sell right away. I would like to think that in 20 years, the values will go up. Having them slabbed and protected to guarantee condition after time is what I'd be looking for. Nice to hear the realism on here though.

the problem with trying to wait on that card is that there were millions of that card made, and thousands grade high. while it might get a modest - VERY MODEST - bump when jeter gets into the HOF, it will never greatly increase

it isnt like vintage cards...it comes from an era of overproduction, and era of collecting where people cared for their cards

(07-07-2013, 07:02 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the problem with trying to wait on that card is that there were millions of that card made, and thousands grade high. while it might get a modest - VERY MODEST - bump when jeter gets into the HOF, it will never greatly increase

it isnt like vintage cards...it comes from an era of overproduction, and era of collecting where people cared for their cards
This