`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Open Letter to Upper Deck

RE: An Open Letter to Upper Deck
Spend your next hundred (or less) on a box of Rookie Anthology.....
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(07-04-2013, 08:56 AM)scarrman Wrote: I get what your saying, sorry I ran on about my SP pulls. I did have some similar luck (bad luck) with Parkhurst Champions last year. I had one box that was brutal, only 1 auto, missed pulling any multi player wire cards, didn't get much at all from the box. I contacted UD and told them my story. It took me sending a receipt, box top sticker and barcode to them and they sent me back I think 2 auto cards - common name autos, but they did send something. Keep on them and they'll do something for you.

BTW - I cracked a Rookie Anthology a while ago, it was terrible. I see all the breaks posted and everyone is raving about it. My box was terrible, seemed I was missing 3 or 4 pulls compared to what everyone else was pulling. I bought the 1 box and stopped buying that product. Stuck with SP and have been very happy.
Nothing to be sorry for. I wan to hear about it as much as you want to tell everyone. I love it when the author creates a little tension - last pack, bought the box the boss was planning to get home, stuff like that! To balance everything out, my last RA was unbelievable. Traded the first card out of the first pack for a sealed box of SP. lots of fun!

Jeez unfortunately this sounds like every box I have opened in the last four years. I have hit 3 cards over 25 dollars since I started back up. This is exactly why I only open for sets I'm making and buy singles of the players I'm collecting. This year I'm collecting JT Miller and Beau Bennett and I will only be buying boxes of Upper Deck and buying their singles for every other rookie they have. It's crazy frustrating but it is how it is now, it's a form of gambling if you are buying boxes for the big hit.
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

(07-04-2013, 06:37 PM)markshew Wrote: so since you didn't get a $100 card in your box you want to cry to upper deck?
Sorry if I led you astray. I'm no complaining because there weren't superstar hist in every pack. I was complaining because other than three autographs, I got nothing of value and I expect more from an expensive box of cards. It's almost like they said "grab the first three autos off the stack and fill the remainder with commons. The box contained 24 packs in 3 stacks of 8. Working from right to left, the first stack had nothing. The bottom two or three packs of the middle column had the autos and the third stack had nothing. There were doubles, too, but it's easy to look past that when everything else is decent.

I hope Upper Deck will help me out but I've spoken to people who indicate that they have a spotty track record on this topic. I'll just have to wait and see what happens to my ticket.

-rngrfan

Unfortunately Upper Deck is horrible with Customer Service, I spoke just last week with Chris Carlin their Customer Service Director about my issue when I got a case of SP Authentic Basketball which on their sales slick says one Jordan or Lebron Auto per case and one Lettermans patch per box. Unfortunately in 12 boxes I got no Jordan nor Lebron and 2 boxes were missing lettermans patches. After discussing with him he even stated that things are not to the quality they used to be, said he would be able to send me letterman patches but cannot guarantee they will be anyone of value and that he could not guarantee I would get a lebron or Jordan. I do have to say that Upper Deck for being one of the top tier companies to start out really has fallen on its behind. Panini stands by its product and even takes care of customers on expired redemptions.

(07-04-2013, 08:55 PM)bgreenbg Wrote: Sorry if I led you astray. I'm no complaining because there weren't superstar hist in every pack. I was complaining because other than three autographs, I got nothing of value and I expect more from an expensive box of cards. It's almost like they said "grab the first three autos off the stack and fill the remainder with commons. The box contained 24 packs in 3 stacks of 8. Working from right to left, the first stack had nothing. The bottom two or three packs of the middle column had the autos and the third stack had nothing. There were doubles, too, but it's easy to look past that when everything else is decent.

I hope Upper Deck will help me out but I've spoken to people who indicate that they have a spotty track record on this topic. I'll just have to wait and see what happens to my ticket.

-rngrfan
it clearly states everything your supposed to get in a box:
Find Three Autographs in every box, including One Signed Future Watch Rookie Card! - which you received
Upper Deck Update! Complete your 2012-13 Upper Deck set with players who changed teams in the offseason, and stars not in UD1! (falling 4 per box!). - which you received
NEW! Step back with '94-95 SP Retro foil cards, hitting 1 in 4 packs! - which you received
NEW! Check out Authentic Moments and Team Canada Authentic Moments! Both subsets feature stellar signature variations + multi-player versions too! - which you received

im still lost on what your complaint with the product is, you got everything you were supposed to get, do you call the lottery people when you buy lottery tickets and don't get any numbers right?
(07-04-2013, 09:26 PM)Jbittman Wrote: Unfortunately Upper Deck is horrible with Customer Service, I spoke just last week with Chris Carlin their Customer Service Director about my issue when I got a case of SP Authentic Basketball which on their sales slick says one Jordan or Lebron Auto per case and one Lettermans patch per box. Unfortunately in 12 boxes I got no Jordan nor Lebron and 2 boxes were missing lettermans patches. After discussing with him he even stated that things are not to the quality they used to be, said he would be able to send me letterman patches but cannot guarantee they will be anyone of value and that he could not guarantee I would get a lebron or Jordan. I do have to say that Upper Deck for being one of the top tier companies to start out really has fallen on its behind. Panini stands by its product and even takes care of customers on expired redemptions.
I understand your problem with upper deck's customer service, in your problem I would be pissed too, but I have to say ive never had a problem with there customer service.

(07-04-2013, 06:37 PM)markshew Wrote: so since you didn't get a $100 card in your box you want to cry to upper deck?
+1
+1

Card buying is like buying lottery ticket.

No gaurantee that the three autos will be any good and being a tough very few rookies year what did you expect.

So if you buy a lottery ticket and win nothing to you complain to the lottery?
Also about the person who got the Parkhurst box with only 1 auto it said 2 per box, so UD would send another b.c of the missing hit.

The SPA box says 3 autos per box period-- at least one being a future watch auto. Seems to me you got all that plus all the addvertised inserts doubt if UD will do much for you.
(07-04-2013, 07:10 PM)mswatson Wrote: Spend your next hundred (or less) on a box of Rookie Anthology.....
But the Anthology have really been hit or miss from what I have seen.

Some boxes have 1 auto the next one has 4.

My first box of Anthology was crap also, but my first box of SPA had 4 autos-- 2 being future watch patches.

@markshew and others... I am not complaining about the fact that I didn't get a $100 card (I average a hobby box and at least 2-3 blasters a week so I'd need my own complaint forum) I am, however, stating that a box break with three autos (including the single numbered card in the box), no relics, no short run inserts/parallels, etc. is not the experience I expect from a premium priced product. It left me disappointed and if I had done it at my LCS, nobody in there would have bought a box after I finished. It's a poor out-of-box-experience and for their sake, I hope UD tweaks their premium product distribution for hobby boxes a bit better. Oh yeah, a signed Nathan Mackinnon wouldn't hurt, either! They have my address! Smile

Does anyone know if UD monitors these threads? I sent my first message to their customer service group and got an autoreply but I know how call centers work and that doesn't inspire courage for me. By the way, I appreciate the good questions. This would have degenerated into name calling within the first 5 posts on some of the other boards I've been on. I think we'll just have to disagree on "what makes a card break acceptable. I've spoken with plenty of puckheads (oops, namecalling) who think they deserve a Wayne Gretzky because their Lucian DeBlois card was dogeared when they pull it out of the pack.

(07-06-2013, 11:09 PM)bgreenbg Wrote: @markshew and others... I am not complaining about the fact that I didn't get a $100 card (I average a hobby box and at least 2-3 blasters a week so I'd need my own complaint forum) I am, however, stating that a box break with three autos (including the single numbered card in the box), no relics, no short run inserts/parallels, etc. is not the experience I expect from a premium priced product. It left me disappointed and if I had done it at my LCS, nobody in there would have bought a box after I finished. It's a poor out-of-box-experience and for their sake, I hope UD tweaks their premium product distribution for hobby boxes a bit better. Oh yeah, a signed Nathan Mackinnon wouldn't hurt, either! They have my address! Smile

Does anyone know if UD monitors these threads? I sent my first message to their customer service group and got an autoreply but I know how call centers work and that doesn't inspire courage for me. By the way, I appreciate the good questions. This would have degenerated into name calling within the first 5 posts on some of the other boards I've been on. I think we'll just have to disagree on "what makes a card break acceptable. I've spoken with plenty of puckheads (oops, namecalling) who think they deserve a Wayne Gretzky because their Lucian DeBlois card was dogeared when they pull it out of the pack.
maybe you should research a little more before you buy a box next time, from your last post I find it hard to believe that you have ever bought a hobby box before

In my experience, Upper Deck is hard to deal with. I do not buy anything high-end from them, cause it always seems to be damaged, then it is like pulling teeth to get them to replace anything.