`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are high number cards ?

RE: what are high number cards ?
(07-08-2013, 07:34 PM)kushdouthabits Wrote: actually i stated about TOPPS HERITAGE HIGH NUMBERED CARDS because thats the only box i seen saying that, then right after i ASK WHAT HIGH NUMBER CARDS ARE IN GENERAL lol.. but yeah basically i was wondering

what HIGH NUMBER CARDS WERE IN GENERAL ?

sorry for the confusion lol..
No prob and no confusion! I answered both questions!
Here's a little more info.
High number cards are not always short print (SP) cards.
Part of what Bonds and Richk posted are correct. Back in ancient times Smile cards were released in series. Topps did 5 series released before, during and towards the end of the season. March-April was the first release, 2, 3, 4 during the season and around September they put out the 5th (and consequentially) high numbered cards, which were purposely short printed, reasoning that all the kids were back in school and weren't buying as many cards. Over the years they tweaked this formula in all sorts of fashion ... Sometimes double printing popular players, sometimes short printing others ... Sometimes releasing all the cards in one Mega release and sometimes splitting it up. Sometimes printing an update series sometimes an end of the year Traded series.
Typically and currently, Topps releases Series 1, series 2 and Update of their flagship product. All the others have been released as one series with the exception of 2012 Heritage, when the offered that High Number Series exclusively to online customers.
SP cards are not always high number cards. Sometimes, they'll scatter SP variant cards throughout the line, sometimes they will SP the last cards (high number) when they want to.

[Image: null_zpsf4e9331d.jpg]
Here's the 2012 high number Heritage box!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yes that is what I really meant to say -- good job

so high number is just the ones towards the last of the sets ? and SP could be any of the HIGH NUMBER or any variant of base card for that matter ?

Pretty much so! An SP doesn't have to be a variant, but variants are usually SP cards. Hope that doesn't confuse .... Smile
So, here's a summary, with some new stuff thrown in for ya ....
High Number can be SP in many sets, but not a rule that they have to be.
Variants can be high number, low number, inserts, SP etc.
SP cards are any type card that the company purposely short prints.
Error cards are usually mistakes (but can be on purpose, too) UEC would be an un-corrected error card, while some are corrected. Either the corrected error or the un corrected error can also be SP depending how many the manufacturer print.
Hope this is helping!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.