`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Exquisite 2012 Finally arrives

Exquisite 2012 Finally arrives
Well it has been a long anticipated wait but Exquisite is live and it looks better than ever. I need to pick up an RG3 3 color. I really hope Luck is in this product as that would be the icing on the cake for me. What is everyone's opinion on this product? Will you buy a box or pick up some cards from the product?
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

RE: Exquisite 2012 Finally arrives
Will definitely pick up some singles of elway and OU players again this year. Wish i had the cash to drop on a box, most seem to turn out pretty good!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Anyone know if Lamar Miller is part of the product?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(07-01-2013, 10:46 PM)elite football cards Wrote: Well it has been a long anticipated wait but Exquisite is live and it looks better than ever. I need to pick up an RG3 3 color. I really hope Luck is in this product as that would be the icing on the cake for me. What is everyone's opinion on this product? Will you buy a box or pick up some cards from the product?
Sorry but Luck is not in the product, not sure about Miller
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

Dislike cards with no NFL team color. Way overpriced college uni stuff. You get the same thing from press pass at a tenth the price.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(07-02-2013, 09:51 AM)coachlew10 Wrote: Dislike cards with no NFL team color. Way overpriced college uni stuff. You get the same thing from press pass at a tenth the price.
Love it. Press pass does not have an Ncaa license. They have photoshop experts though ha. It is nice to have some college sets of these rookies. There are like 30 NFL sets between Panini & Topps' waterdown the market effect......

(07-02-2013, 09:51 AM)coachlew10 Wrote: Dislike cards with no NFL team color. Way overpriced college uni stuff. You get the same thing from press pass at a tenth the price.
I agree that I hate cards in college unis that's why I don't buy UD products anymore. Its a shame because sets like SP Authentic and Exquisite changed the game and have legendary status in my book. There losing their NFL and NBA licenses is the worst thing that could have happened to them.

[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(07-02-2013, 10:34 AM)s1020 Wrote: I agree that I hate cards in college unis that's why I don't buy UD products anymore. Its a shame because sets like SP Authentic and Exquisite changed the game and have legendary status in my book. There losing their NFL and NBA licenses is the worst thing that could have happened to them.
Agreed, but Exquisite and SPA used to have legendary status. Not any more. I have a bunch of older Exquisite and SPA and SPX stuff. I use to like it a lot. I have much better luck with Panini customer service then UD as well. But that is a whole different thread. I like the HOFer stuff that National Treasures has every year as well.

It seems UD still does fine without the NFL License per the price the singles and boxes sell for. There is still demand for their product. They created a nostalgia with Sp Authentic & Exquisite that keeps collectors coming back for me. Some of my best cards are older UD so I respect them.

(07-02-2013, 10:46 AM)nol84kc Wrote: It seems UD still does fine without the NFL License per the price the singles and boxes sell for. There is still demand for their product. They created a nostalgia with Sp Authentic & Exquisite that keeps collectors coming back for me. Some of my best cards are older UD so I respect them.
The Upper Deck Company was in cahoots with Beckett for so many years that the prices are somewhat engrained in the hobby. It seems that they are trying to distance themselves from UD now that Tracy works for Panini and UD has lost their license. For years Donruss was treated like a second citizen, even with super premium products that were very similar to, if not better than Upper Deck. To think that Beckett does market research and what they put in the guide does not affect the market is a joke. The market adjusts to what Beckett puts on the price guide, not the other way around. It was funny one year when Greg Jennings hit the Hot list in the Beckett Football magazine, his stuff went up on eBay 25-30%. Not his stuff went up 25-30% on eBay and then he hit the Hot List. Even funnier was that fact that it was the off season, so he couldn't have had a great week or improved in any way.