`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Buy the mj rookie
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Purchase
75.00%
15 75.00%
Leave for someone else
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Jordan's 86-87 fleer rookie

Opinions on Jordan's 86-87 fleer rookie
I have a chance to pay around $200 for an mj rookie. It's Psa graded as authentic, and it has 4 soft corners and a few other issues. I'm not the kind of collector that will ever be able to have a BGS 8 or 9, just want to own one. What would you guys do ?

Purchase
Leave it for someone else
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

RE: Opinions on Jordan's 86-87 fleer rookie
(07-01-2013, 07:38 PM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: I have a chance to pay around $200 for an mj rookie. It's Psa graded as authentic, and it has 4 soft corners and a few other issues. I'm not the kind of collector that will ever be able to have a BGS 8 or 9, just want to own one. What would you guys do ?

Purchase
Leave it for someone else
I like spending other peoples money. I would buy it if you want it. It is authenticated so that is a plus. In its current condition do you feel that $200 is a good deal? Can you bargain down to, say, $150? Is the dude hardline about the price? If you are considering it a $200, wouldn't you feel you stole it at $150 or $175?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

230 is the lowest he can go....he has about 200 into it
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

Do it! I just picked one up myself and really just wanted one because it was like a childhood dream of mine.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

do you have a scan. i dont think thats a bad price for a jordan rc. if you are never going to get 1 with a 7 or better grade, i would say go for it if you want to add 1 to your pc.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

What are the other problems? As long as there are no creases on the card I would do it. Personally I did not pay for my Jordan RC. I got it as a present raw and had it graded and it came back a BGS 7. I never plan to replace it so coming from someone who didn't purchase their Jordan RC, I would snatch this up now. For $200 you can have one of the most sought after RCs. And if you do not really care about the grade too much, this is a great deal because you know the card is legit.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Get it man! The Jordan RC is and forever will be THE card to own. Once you get it please share it with us!

Personally I'd snap it up.

It's graded as authentic which is great and I've never been overly concerned on card quality as long as the card still looks good and doesn't have massive creases or major damage to it.

Of course a nice perfectly cornered/edged card looks beautiful but I guess I collect cards, especially older ones, more for their "historical value" as opposed to book value.

A MJ rookie card is certainly a very historically valuable card!

(I hope that makes some sense.)
[Image: 15d2r7p.jpg]

Well now they won't take less than 250 for.it...and I can't do that. They also have a PSA 1 that we could talk about. I'll probably have to.sell.off some stuff.in order to get the first one I mentioned.

Yeah don't do it for 250... If that's the case you might as well wait & slowly save to 500 for a BGS 7