Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst box of 1996-97 Chrome EVER!!!

RE: Worst box of 1996-97 Chrome EVER!!!
"Also got him as my Youthquake hit..."

there was question if he got a 95-96 box

"yea Barry was drafted in 1995. Maybe it was a 95-96 box? "

Oh, My mistake... Got no rc's then... I know that the chances of getting my money back would have been slim. I just did it because when i was wounger I never got the chance to... Definitely not repacked. They are foil tamper resistant foil packs and the box was wrapped with the clellophane with the Topps logos on them.. What are the odds of doing so bad.. Don't there that a worse box is even possible...
there wasn't topps chrome in 95-96... 96-97 was the first year of it..

It happens to the best of us. Some of us more often than others. Hopefully the unopened gods smile on you next time around.

People are actually getting good at re-sealing the shrink wrap ... happened to me a couple of times in retail.

Man, that sounds impossible not to get one rookie card ... did you examine the packs themselves closely?

Dude! A gem mint Kobe only goes for 5-600 bucks... tough break, sorry man.

As a reply to what to break next, if you can find a box of 03-04 exquisite that would be nice to see.

OUCH. Tough to believe there were no RCs. The normal 96-97 Topps packs are stacked with them. One box usually yields 4-6 Kobe RCs alone.

Obviously there are far fewer cards in these packs, but it would make no sense for them to skimp on the RCs. Sorry man Sad

If you love busting old school high-end, there's always 96-97 Flair Showcase, 96-97 and 97-98 EX products as well.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I opened a lot of that stuff way back when and there are more boxes like that than you would think.

I would say it was a legit box that is just how a lot of them are.

Jeremy

Ouch !!!! sounds resealed
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Damn... Sorry that sucks.

I could only get my hands on one pack and that was in 1996, (The year i scooped up a lot of finest) in my one pack, the best i pulled was a erick Dampier RC.... Looking back i guess it could have been worse.
Looking for:

Lebron BGS Rookies
Shaq PSA 10 Rookies
Graded Lew Alcindor RC
To complete Prizm Auto basketball set

PM me, if you are looking to sell or trade.